This will be my reward when I lose 50 lbs - a portable musical instrument for the Camino!
2013-12-20 My plan continues to be to consistently focus on small steps and decisions that will make me strong, flexible and vigorous. Instead of reaching for comfort food, I will reach for comfort memories and goals: skating at night on the canal, waterfall rapeling, attending dance and music festivals, hiking in the fall, biking on the paths under a full moon along the river...
I am adopting a healthier lifestyle to rediscover the daring, adventurous person I use to be. I suddenly realized that if I can face cancer three times, I can certainly deal with the 'bonus' of excess poundage it's left me!
* My SP Start Date: Sept 9, 2010
* To feel confident enough in my strength and stamina to resume hiking and biking
* To challenge myself to do one new activity per month
* To generally eat nutritiously, log, and pay attention to how I'm reacting to food (emotionally and physically)
@ Jan 2, 2014: Blogged about the 12 things I'm reaching for
* In 2014 - Reading and putting into practice Julia Cameron's "The Writing Diet" (I had put in on hold)
@Dec 20, 2013: recovery from surgery (again)
* Start incorporating gentle exercise
* carbs are not my friends
* sodium is not my friend
* sugar - in any of its forms, natural or not - is not my friend
I guess these are more like my milestones:
* January 10, 2014 - Doc says no cancer found, only pre-cancerous cells. WooHoo - no treatments required!
* December 6, 2013 - removal of uterus, fallopians, ovaries because of pre-cancerous cells. Not sure if my "cancer free" status starts over now...
* February 13, 2013 - 25th Wedding Anniversary!!!
* December 3, 2012
Two years cancer free (which I count from the end of my last treatment for IBC).
* Nov 25, 2006 - total thyroidectomy, for thyca
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
All glory comes from daring to begin.
Life tastes better than food.
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 2.4
So it was you who drove up my blog traffic the other day. ;) Not that I mind of course! :D
I'm glad to know that your boss has agreed to a shorter work week for you. While I don't have the same health issues you do, I have learned that sometimes putting your foot down so you can take care of yourself is way more important than going to work 5 days/week.
380 days ago
& to the Motivation & Positive Attitude team! We're happy to have you with us!
C'mon over & introduce yourself and join us. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the team & getting to know you!
381 days ago
Thanks for the visit, rerebooting!
381 days ago
I finished the "Course in Weight Loss" and I think I am seeing differences. Less appetite and more eating only when I am hungry. Of course I just polished off my lunch while on the computer without even noticing. Nice guests right now. Busy week. Some hikers coming in Friday whoe are doing the Rideau. I got a chance to kayak on Sunday with the dog and Bob. Poor Christal fell in when we first got there, between the dock and boat and it was too far down for me to reach and when Bob would reach she would go under. Scary moments but she was like a rabbit after all excited and running everywhere. Saw a deer, turkey vultures, Eagle, loon, 7 turtles, osprey, lots of dragon flies. Learned a cool trick to keep deer flies away.... put a black plant pot upside down on a shovel that has been wedged into the ground. As long as you are sitting lower than the "bobble head" the flies will land on IT and not you! It is crazy but it seems to work.
407 days ago
I love the flower bouquet goodie! I so love your heart, your willingness to fight, your joy. Laurel
512 days ago