This will be my reward when I lose 50 lbs - a portable musical instrument for the Camino!
2017-03-31 After another few setbacks and cancer scares, I'm back and more focused than ever on regaining my health, stamina, strength and abilities. I am still reaching for comfort memories and goals: skating at night on the canal, attending dance and music festivals, hiking in the forest, biking on the paths under a full moon along the river...exploring life with confidence instead of caution and fear.
I am restricted to easy exercises for now, until I get back into shape (I use a walker to get around these days, and am starting to use hiking poles). I am so happy to have returned to SparkPeople, with its incredible wealth of resources and support. You are all full of awesome!
I am adopting a healthier lifestyle to rediscover the daring, adventurous person I use to be. I suddenly realized that if I can face cancer three times, I can certainly deal with the 'bonus' of excess poundage it's left me!
* My SP Start Date: Sept 9, 2010
* To feel confident enough in my strength and stamina to resume hiking and biking
* To challenge myself to do one new activity per month
* To generally eat nutritiously, log, and pay attention to how I'm reacting to food (emotionally and physically)
@ Jan 2, 2014: Blogged about the 12 things I'm reaching for
* In 2014 - Reading and putting into practice Julia Cameron's "The Writing Diet" (I had put in on hold)
@Dec 20, 2013: recovery from surgery (again)
* Start incorporating gentle exercise
* carbs are not my friends
* sodium is not my friend
* sugar - in any of its forms, natural or not - is not my friend
I guess these are more like my milestones:
* January 10, 2014 - Doc says no cancer found, only pre-cancerous cells. WooHoo - no treatments required!
* December 6, 2013 - removal of uterus, fallopians, ovaries because of pre-cancerous cells. Not sure if my "cancer free" status starts over now...
* February 13, 2013 - 25th Wedding Anniversary!!!
* December 3, 2012
Two years cancer free (which I count from the end of my last treatment for IBC).
* Nov 25, 2006 - total thyroidectomy, for thyca
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
All glory comes from daring to begin.
Life tastes better than food.
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 5.6