Hi Saunya, I see you are requesting advice on how to find success on Sparkpeople!!
1. Eat breakfast.... you can not leave your home with out it or start to work with out having at least a fruit, or a sandwich.
2. Drink lots of water.... yes most don't like it but that is the difference between those who are losing the weight and those who are not. Dehydration is not your friend.
3. I have a friend who has a 4 year old... What you must accept is that you must make time for your self. If you don't you are no use to your little girl because she wants some one to play tag and to dance with, not some one who is tired. Talk to your family and request if they can help you watch your daughter for two evenings per week, may be for an hour and you go exercise. If they are against it, your fiancé may be, place a bet on the table and tell him to give you a month or two and in that month... if they don't see a difference in you then you go back being home in the evenings. I guarantee - they will see a big difference though!!
4. Learn to love exercise, even if not running maybe its swimming or walking. You can put your girl in a stroller and walk with her. Any thing, you must move your body!!
5. Track every where that you walk too. I do that, maybe you take the same routes every day or on the week end. That is how I make my 1000 minutes of exercise last month. Exercise is not only around a track or a trail. Its everyday life.
6. Understand that it takes time to track food, exercise and all things that you need to make this journey a success. In the beginning, on Spark people, I found it time consuming to be on the computer every day and traking my food and exercise minutes. NOW who can love this more than I do!!! Hey you need to plan before to make it easier on you in the long run.
7. Understand that mistakes will be made and you will need to start over a million and one times..... It took me a long long time to understand this but I know it is true and as much as you want to one day be 50 pounds lighter or what ever your goal is... IT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME. Yes I know there are people how lost 75 pounds in 6 months. I read their blogs all the time and stuff. I am totally proud of them BUT..... Their Journey is not My journey. AND you should not feel lesser than because you don't have their successes (yes I admit it.. I feel like something is wrong with me at times)
8. Be active on Spark people. You can answer a message post or read a blog and "like it". You can encourage some one else. Just don't think that no body understands you.... We all have the same problems that you do, some more than others. I know I am an emotional eater. I am a member of the "Clean Plate Crew" and I will eat every thing that passes across and then some. But I know too that I can not continue to live like that or I will be sick soon.... So you can join a team of like minds or blog all day long, just let others know you are happy or hurting and you'll feel better soon.
9. You will have to cook the late night meals. Begin to incorporate vegs and fruits. Begin to cut out the amount of salt and sugar used. If they need to eat late.. make them eat healthy at least.
10. Prayer is key. Most people may not like to deal with that side of life but it is quite important. I've tried to lose weight on my one for a long time but then I now understand that He is interested in the little things that are important to me. Sparkpeople already gives me a tremendous amount of support and I am totally grateful. But sometimes you need even more and He will give that to you!!! Pray when you feel you can't go one or you need to eat another bowl of pasta. Any thing. He is there.
So here is my list of what I actually do on a daily basis and so far I've lost 4.1 pounds. I am not looking at the big picture (i.e. how many more to lose!!) but daily I am getting better at this. I've even added you as a friend so Spark success to you!!!