Welcome aboard. And thank you for stopping by my page. I hope the ideas work. I've been up and down with my weight loss. Right now it's up. I used to get upset, and quit, now I ride out the emotional storm and pick up and go on. The post it helps when your at the bottom of the patience level.
Sparks is a wonderful site and the people are very supportive. Here are a few hints to help:
When your busy, (or when you get discouraged, every once in a while it happens) Try doing some small things to keep you on track.
Post-it notes with taped on pencils.... On the cupboard where your plates are.... put up a post-it note and a pencil...and put a mark for every serving of vegetables or fruits you have each day. Put a post-it on the fridge and mark off waters, juices or sodas, and other one for "moving your body".
Hash marks are a quick and easy way to keep some kind of track of what you're are doing and eating. and it's not as complicated or time consuming as logging all the foods and calories. Don't get me wrong...It's not as "good" as keeping a full account, but when time is scarce, or your just having a bad spell, it's better than nothing.
Also, here are some links to what is offered here:
1. Getting Started http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/g et_started.asp
2. Video on An Overview of SparksPeople Community www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivat ion_articles.asp?id=1179
3. Earn SparkTrophies for Reaching Your Goals http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/ motivation_articles.asp?id=752
4. Video: How to Use Sparks Fitness Tracker http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/ fitness_articles.asp?id=1157
5. How to use SparksPeople Nutrition Tracker http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/ nutrition_articles.asp?id=1154