Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I grew up in Houston, TX. After a busy life, I have settled down with the husband and kiddos in a small "po-dunk red-neck" town an hour north of the city. I like it. It is quiet. I still drive my hour to work every morning and hour home every evening. That part I don't like.
I don't have a lot of time for "structured" exercise, so I choose the best options I can. Walking, outside work, and serious playing with the "adolescent" dogs. They are some fast runners to catch.
I have a few goals, physical and mental, that I need to meet daily. They must be tracked or I will never remember what I have done.
1. Eat right. Just because it has a healthy label, doesn't mean I can eat it. It must be planned into the menu or goals will be blown up. Bananas are good, ten bananas are not.
2. Drink water. Force it down your throat. It must be drank. It tastes good, refreshing...too bad I'm never thirsty.
3. Actually count steps until I get a pedometer. I know it is 275 steps out to the shop at work and back to my desk. So 4 trips a day does not equal 10,000.
4. SLEEP, the laundry can wait.
5. Don't let the kids discourage you. You are not making pizza for dinner.
6. Don't let the husband who says "I like curves" make you feel you don't need to lose. 60 pounds is overweight whether he thinks so or not.
7. Love yourself. If I don't take care of me, then nothing else matters. I don't want more pills, I want less. I am not ugly. I can lose weight. I can be happy.
8. If nothing else, remember...Cardio and veggies got us there for several years. It can do it again. Failure to maintain when the goal is met is not an option. Moderation is key.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 172.4
for dropping by my page and making me smile
1329 days ago
Thank you so much :) I'm gonna be freaked out until about 1 tomorrow afternoon, and I'm about to comfort food it, I know I shouldn't. think I'll grab one of my chobani's and hope that helps.
1347 days ago
Thanks for commenting on my blog, I will have to wait until next month to try eliminating some wheat products since we the 4 of us living off my SSI and SNAP so life is on a short leash this month. Thanks for the friend add, i will add you also. I also love crocheting but have picked up knitting at the end of Jan and am enjoying that very much
1350 days ago
"BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AWARD"
Hi! Just a shout out to congratulate you!
You are the recipient of the Beautiful Woman Award!!
"Once you've been given this award, you have to paste it on the page of 8 women who deserve it. If you receive more than 3, you know you're really beautiful! If you break the chain, nothing will happen, but it's always good to know someone thinks you're beautiful inside and out!"
Again, Congratulations Beautiful!
Thanks for spreading a little beauty, love, friendship, and support into my life!
1377 days ago
Thanks for the friend add. I have added you as well. I look forward to getting to know you better through our journey together.
1383 days ago