husband and wife
DH and I as we cross the finish line on 7/4/11
taking a break
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
My name is Roya - I am 26 years old, live in Los Alamitos with my husband and two german shepherds, and am trying to change my lifestyle! I love to swim, plan special events and trips, knit, crochet, cross stitch and do ceramics. I am currently getting my masters in Counseling at CSULB.
The day I stepped on a scale and it said 201 pounds (I was 20 years old) I decided I needed to lose weight. I lost 50 pounds on my own, but have gained back 25. I realize now I need community - which is why I am here on sparkpeople! I am learning the definition of success - doing a few good habits every day.
12/2/2010 - One Time Goals
1. Lose 5% of my starting weight
2. Lose 10% of my starting weight
3. Be at my goal weight of 150
4. Participate in a Sprint Triathlon
1. Earn my blue belt [completed April, 2009]
2. Earn my blue black stripe belt [one stripe earned 5/09] [2nd stripe earned 5/28/09]
3. Run a 5k [COMPLETED! THREE TIMES! Disney funrun, Survive and Thrive 5k, SurfCity 5k on July 4, 2011]
12/2/2010 On-going goals
1. Track my food every day
2. Get 10 min. of exercise every day
3. Post on sparkpeople daily
9/4/09 - Disneyland Fun Run [completed, 35 min.]
10/10/09 - Survive and Thrive 5k [completed, 35 min.]
7/4/2011 - SurfCity 4th of July 5k [completed 36:27]
7/23/2011 - Cypress 5k
8/27/2011 - Wild Rivers 5k
1. Run a 5k (did it!)(and then did it again!)
2. Earn my blackbelt
3. Get married, homeschool my kids (engaged 11/28/2009!) (MARRIED August 7th, 2010)
4. Have an art camp
5. Weigh 145 pounds
6. Get my MS in counseling (School starts on August 25th 2010)
7. Do a Sprint Triathlon
Cardio: 10-30 min. per day, 5 x a week - mix of running/walking, biking, elliptical
Track my food using weight watchers
Strength training 2x/week
basically, I can't ever stick to any one thing and not get bored. I try to mix it up as much as possible, using sparkpeople videos, going jogging with my friends, swimming at the gym, walking on my lunch break, karate on a regular basis, riding my bike, couch to 5k program on occasion, etc. etc.!
I live in Southern CA. You can find out more about me at royaboya.etsy.com, and royaboya.blogspot.com
I do a lot of arts and crafts and sell everything on royaboya.etsy.com. I am also royaboya on twitter, and flickr.com/people/royaboya.
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 180.8
I am 1 pound away from my 50 pound mark. It has taken me 3 years but I log on Spark almost everyday to keep motivated. How is your week going?
2000 days ago
Comment edited on: 1/8/2011 2:05:57 AM
Thank you for your post on the Forum page. I was highly discouraged but thanks to comments and encouragement from this community, I'm not anymore! Good luck with your goals!! :-)
2002 days ago
Welcome to the Slowest Loser. Glad you have joined us.
2003 days ago
Wow I just posted my blog. Glad you liked it.
2003 days ago
Thank you for your thoughts on Zumba. I will consider the DVD.
2006 days ago