Mom and Me at my 60th birthday
REFFIE1 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 38.0
Thanks Wendy for the comments on my page as well as blog. I am feeling better, I think I'm adjusting to the prescription.
As far as me packing out a bull elk, I was more the support team! lol! I did get to carry the antlers, all the water, and other misc. things, 25 maybe 30 pounds, my husband and son were carrying the actual meat, approx. 75 pounds each They carried 35/40 pounds out the day before. My pack got lighter as we came out of the canyon as we drank water, theirs, I'm fairly certain got heavier! It was so much fun "helping" them though! A beautiful day with just a slight breeze, perfect for keeping us cool. I have to tell you, I LOVE being in shape and doing things I never dreamed I'd do!
72 days ago
Thank you for the positive comments on my blog! Starting over is so hard. It's like I'm learning everything all over again. I'm glad you're still around.ðŸ¤—
74 days ago
I am fit! I am healthy! I am strong!
My life is what I make of it and today I choose to make it healthy place to be.
216 days ago
It's extremely common to hit a plateau at some point during your weight loss journey. Obviously it can be really discouraging when the number on the scale doesn't move. There is good news â€” We've got some tips to help bust through that plateau and see the number get lower and lower.
1) We need to re-evaluate our caloric needs - as we lose weight, our bodies tend to burn fewer calories at a slower rate, therefore we need to consume fewer calories. You will either need to burn more calories or consume at least 500 less calories per day
2) Getting Back to Basics: Writing down everything we eat in a food journal to make sure we are still on track. Remember portion control is just one key to permanent weight loss.
3) Moving More: Are you still trying to get in those extra movements like you did when you first started losing weight. Once we obtain our weight loss goal, we sometimes slack off on the exercise a bit. And just go to the gym or use our home equipment and forget to park out a little from the grocery store or maybe walk to it if it is close enough.
4) Choosing Fresh Foods over Pre-Packaged: fresh over processed is always best. You know what your putting into your body.
5) Getting in Your Daily Water: Yes that still counts. Make sure you didn't slip back into your old latte' ways and now your adding extra calories by drinking them in. Water is still the best way to go. You can still change things up by adding fresh fruit to the mix.
6) Stress: Stress is always a factor in weight loss and weight gain. It can go either way. So make sure you take some time out for you. Even if it's just a few minutes in the bathroom to relax in the tub. Just lock out the world and do you...You deserve it!
249 days ago
Dangers of Nighttime Snacking
The best way to curb your nighttime eating habits for good is to use short term strategies. These will help you to break the habit.
If you can replace the snacking with a healthier habit, then maybe you won't feel the need to eat mindlessly in the evening or while watching T.V. Use one of these tips (or all three) to change your night time snacking.
Try to move away from the food. You're more likely to eat too much at night if you are always around food. So after dinner, put off cleaning the kitchen. This might mean that if you postpone the clean-up for just a little while, or at least until you aren't tempted to eat the leftovers. Or better yet, try delegating the job to someone in your house who isn't on a diet or at least get help with the cleaning the plate.
Another great way to get away from food is to go for a walk after dinner. This will give your brain time to catch up with your stomach and receive the signal of feeling full. Even if your walk is just 15-20 minutes long.
Using a "meal-ender" is often a way to curb our appetites. Some of us like to use mint-flavored gum to diminish the desire to eat after dinner or to simply go brush our teeth and floss-along with a dental health bonus. Most of us don't like the taste of food when we have a mint flavor in our mouths. .
You can also try using MealEnders. These small candies claim to "reset" your taste buds so that you won't feel the urge to eat. MealEnders contain no stimulants and are regulated as a food product so they have to follow strict guidelines of the Food and Drug Administration, unlike many diet and weight loss supplements.
Be a smart television watcher. Most of us eat at night when we are in front of the television. We will just sit there and snack mindlessly on unhealthy snacks. This is where you need to take action and plan for healthy snacks and/or distractions. Some researchers believe that certain action shows make us eat too much food. Regardless of your show preference, however, you can create healthy eating habits in front of the television to eat less and lose weight.
My favorite way to eat less is to keep my hands active. I fold laundry or do other simple chores while I watch TV. If I really want to eat - and I know I've eaten enough for dinner - then I will use specific strategies to control snacking in front of the tv. I also make sure that I follow good portion control guidelines if I choose to snack while watching TV.
Remember, snacking isn't necessarily bad for your diet. But eating when you're not hungry is never a good idea. Learn to eat a healthy at appropriate times and then create habits to stop snacking so much at night. You'll reach your goal weight faster and you will keep your weight off for good.
250 days ago