me and my son on the evening before his wedding June 2015
Shared Fitness Tracker
Stress is a stressy word, don't you think? I've decided on a new approach during May; I'm going to practise mellowing out! (in the sense of: to become more relaxed and calm)
I am 61 yrs old, 5'3" tall and weigh around 8 stone 7lbs - so I'm in the 'healthy' range. My issue is less being fat, and more about my relationship with food.
I am learning to manage my behaviour around food with the NoS diet which is working well for me. Three 'proper meals' a day - no snacks, sweets or seconds on weekdays - with some freedom at the weekends and on special days like birthdays. Good old-fashioned regular eating pattern! My behaviour around food is being modified very happily with this system. So glad I found it. Check out the NoS team page if you're curious!
I want to be fit, supple, happy, healthy, full of energy!
I'm keen to be lean!
I've also noticed that a lot of my status updates are about the weather - very British!
The Plan for 2016
- I am continuing to work with Spark Guy's Ultimate SparkLife Challenge by posting daily in my Community Journal.
- I am continuing to learn Tai Chi using a Beginners DVD by Christopher Pei, and attending a class when I can afford it
- I am continuing to eat according to No S rules and to blog daily & use the HabitCal tracker on the everyday systems website.
- I am continuing to try to run at least 2 miles at least twice a week and participate in a weekly 5k Park Run whenever I am able to (work permitting).
- I am continuing to pursue a mainly plant-based diet.
- I am going to establish a strength training routine into my week - I'm doing the Jumpstart Challenge.
- I want to reduce my weight from 119lbs to 117lbs by 1st July 2016 and maintain that for a few months before losing more ".. every pound of weight loss results in five pounds of stress taken off your knees, seven pounds off your ankles, and a whopping ten pounds off your spinal discs!" it's worth the effort!
And, an odd thing you might think, I've set my ticker to show how long until I retire. I was expecting to retire at 60 yrs old, but the rules changed and now I have to work until I'm 66. I am tired of working and looking forward to retiring! Having it on a ticker shows me exactly how many days - and inspires me to take on challenges and projects along the way.
These are my physical goals: I want to have achieved the following:-
1) to keep my weight under 8 stone 7lbs
2) to get and keep my waist under 29"
3) to maintain a supple and strong body into my later years
4)To be a slim, strong, fit woman!
for the emotional reasons for eating: Linda Spangle's 100 Days of Weight Loss programme
McDougall starch-based plant-based diet
Happy Herbivore vegan fat-free/low fat recipes
NoS diet - No snacks, sweets or seconds except on days that begin with S
creating a running habit - aiming for 2-3 times a week
I live by the sea in the South West of the UK. I work full-time to provide services for adults with learning disabilities. I am a Nichiren Buddhist which involves me in lots of activities.
Books I've found useful:
'Eating Less - say goodbye to overeating' by Gillian Riley
'The end of overeating - taking control of our insatiable appetite' by David A Kessler
'Caffeine Blues - wake up to the hidden dangers of America's #1 durg' by Stephen Cherniske
'Raw Emotions' by Angela Stokes
'100 Days of Weight Loss' by Linda Spangle
'Life is Hard, Food is Easy' by Linda Spangle
My Community Journal:
The Four Cornerstones: Focus, Fitness, Fire, Force
|1,649 Days until: retirement