My Gorgeous Kids--Yeah they get it from there Momma-lol
My new Motto-Thanks Coaches and the Hillcrest High School Football team--Idaho 2008 4A State Champs!
Anyone can achieve Anything-With the right Goals and Plan....
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
-I am DONE not losing weight
-I am DONE not setting obtainable goals
-I am DONE not eating healthy
-I am DONE not maintaining a spiritual life
-I am DONE not working out
-I am DONE not staying focused on positive influences
-I am DONE not accomplishing whatever I chose to do
""""""PERSONAL GOAL 160lbs """""""""
BODY WEIGHT LOSS
My 1st 5% loss (227.6-11.4= 216.2 lbs ) on date:
My 2nd 5% loss - (216.2-10.8 lbs= 205.4) on date:
My 3rd 5% loss -(205.4-10.7=194.7) on date
First I developed a plan. All the diet books, tapes, DVD's and magazines I read and I watched them. I took notes. There are a few things that they all agree on:
1. Move...walk, clean, shovel snow-who cares get off my rump and move.
2. Eat....you have to eat to lose weight. Five small meals a day works for me. One definately being breakfast.
3. Eat...the right foods. Leafy greens, whole grains, the right types of fats, the right fruits and snacks. I make a big bowl of salad on Saturday and Wednesday with my on dressing.
4. Write...keep a log of whatever pass your lips. That means a stick of gum, a grape anything. Also note how that food made you feel afterward. Tired, sleepy, energetic etc...Anything high in carbs makes me sleepy. I stay away from anything with white refined flour.
5. Control...portion control. My servings were for 2 sometimes 3 people. A serving of meat is 3-4 oz. not that 12 oz. steak.
6. Water...drink lots of water. NO beer does not count. I use to say I don't like water. I keep water at my side at the temperture I like it at.(with lemon sometimes)
7. Enjoy...enjoy what you are eating, doing, and life.
8. Understand...understand what happened that made me lose control of my weight.
9. Accept....who I am now and who I want to be.
10. LOVE...I LOVE me. God made only one, I am special, unique and perfect in his eyes. I will make this temple that I am in healthy with minimum stress.
11. Reward...give yourself something nice. It does not have to be a giant ice cream sundae. Maybe a pedi or manicure. At my goal weight I'm going on a shopping spree.(Baby Phat, Apple Bottom, Coogi watch out)
12. Goals...set daily, weekly and monthly. The football team won one game at a time. I make sure my daily goals will help me achieve my weekly goals and so on.
12. Doctor...See your doctor. I found out I was insulin resistant. Living in Idaho potatoes were not my friend. I know now that I can eat them in moderation with some kind of protein. If not I'm asleep immediately...
13. Share...let people know you are on a diet. A buddy is great and we all have many here on Spark People.
240 sw Jan. 2008
220.1 - Aug. 11, 2008
217.9 - Aug. 18, 2008
218.3 - Dec. 14, 2008
THIS YEAR MY GOALS ARE TO
1. ENJOY LIVING, SEEING WHAT'S REALLY OUT THERE.
2. EXCERCISE 3 TIMES A WEEK, COME HELL OR HIGH WATER.
3. STAY FOCUSED ON WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY FAMILY.
4. TRUST IN MYSELF, GOD MAKES A WAY.
I AM EATING MORE FRUITS, VEGETABLES, CHICKEN AND FISH. I EXCERCISE WHILE WATCHING CSI AND ALL THE CRIME SHOWS INSTEAD OF LAYING ON THE SOFA AND MUNCHING.
I AM ORGINALLY FROM LOUISIANA, SO GREAT TASTYING FOOD IS SOMETHING THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN IN MY BLOOD. I HAVE SINCE MOVED SEVERAL PLACES AND BEING ON THE ROAD MAKES YOU EAT FAST FOOD ALOT. I CAN HONESTLY SAY, I'M TIRED OF IT.
I HAVE TAKEN MY GRANDMOTHERS RECIPES AND MADE THEM LOW FAT AND THE TASTE IS JUST AS GREAT. I ALWAYS THOUGHT GOOD FRIED CHICKEN HAD TO BE DEEP FRIED--IT DOESN'T JUST SEASONED THE RIGHT WAY!!! AND IN THE OVEN IT GOES WITH THE RIGHT COATING..
TRYING NEW RECIPES..
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 200.0