These 3 bring me Joy
My name is Marie, I am a mom of 5 and grandmother of 3. I love my family, they are my delight. I thank God for blessing me with these treasures. I am on a healthy journey not only for me, but also for them. I want to be the best role model for them that I can be. My children are overweight and I want them to change their habits and live healthy lives. So I am using the motto: Don''t do as I say, do as I do. Nagging doesn''t get it, but leading by example does.
My Goal is to Keep My A1C under 6 last appt 5.6
next appt is October 22
Keep my Sodium Levels under 2300
Get my weight under 200 by August 1. I am presently 206.7
I want to see the words obese and DM come off my chart.
I made up in my mind that I want to live a long healthy life so in order to do that it had to first start with a transformation of my thinking. I Can Do It!!
Eat 3 healthy means and 2 healthy snacks a day.
Watch my Calories,Carbs and Sodium
Eat More fruit and Vegetables
Drink at least half my weight in water each day
Walk 10,000 steps per day
Exercise 1 1/2 hours at least 3-4 days a week
incorporate strength training 2 days a week
Plan, Plan, Plan
Southern Girl from Jackson, Mississippi
Mom of 5: 4 Girls 1 Boy
Grandmother of 3: 1 granddaughter and 2 grandsons.
I Love the Lord and He love me. My desire for my life to be pleasing to Him. I know that this temple does not belong to me and I want to set things back in order.
I Will Bless the Lord at all times and His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 196.0
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my birthday blog.
Yeah for getting older!
205 days ago
-:¦:-*♥~.•*´¨ )♥~*-:¦:-*♥~.•*´¨ )♥~*-: -*♥
A decision is nothing more than a choice to eliminate other options and follow your path with determination. Gail Lynne Goodwin
-:¦:-*♥~.•*´¨ )♥~*-:¦:-*♥~.•*´¨ )♥~*-: -*♥
210 days ago
Fire up those Sneakers and Fall in Love with Walking and You Can Walk Your Way to a Healthier, Slimmer You!!
218 days ago
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
228 days ago
Our new Mantra~
My body is a marvelous machine and when I take care of it, It meets my every expectation!
231 days ago