256 lbs! My highest
Hawaii at sunset
I am ready to improve my health and pursue some of the goals that have eluded me for years! Spark People is hard for me, because I am not a "sharer" by nature, but with prayer, mutual support and hard work I know I can succeed.
It took a long time to put all these pounds on this 5'6" frame, and it will take a long long time to get them off. I am in it for the long haul, to develop healthy habits, be more vibrant and have the energy to keep up with my family and friends.
I have been using food as comfort for years now, and now I plan to put food in its proper place--as fuel for a fit and healthy body--and not as a panacea for all that ails me.
Now is the time to focus on living life to the maximum every moment and not just scraping by! I realize that I need help and support from others.
My main goal is represent my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in this temple He gave me, and being unhealthy is not the way to do that. So, I am going to take each day as it comes, learn from others who have made and are making the same journey, and hopefully be a blessing to them as I go.
I love to read, so I purchased The Spark and am working my way through it. I also know that I need rewards other than food, so I am going to use books, music, new clothes and other non-food items as rewards for meeting goals.
I believe that I can and will succeed in reaching my objectives.
I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) lose 90 pounds in 18 months
2) lower my hemoglobin A1C to less than 7
3) keep my blood sugar (on average) under 120 per my doctor's orders (almost there!)
4) Do the 5K walk for charity this Thanksgiving
1) lose 12 lbs by July 15 (not reached but still going)
2) lose 10% of body weight by Novemebr 15 (I'm really going full throttle on this)
3) eat 5-8 fruits and veggies per day (struggling, but I get at least 5, am working on increasing this)
4) drink 8 plus glasses of water daily and increase fiber intake (work in progress)
5)stop avoiding the camera and take some before an after pictures of myself starting 7-18
6)take deep breaths and measure my vital statistics so I can measure my progress better
(I wish I had done this in the beginning)
1) Exercise: Cardio 5x week (water jogging, bicycle riding, walking, SP DVD's)
Strength traing 3x week (SP DVD's and Circuit Training at the gym)
2) Track food relentlessly
3) Drink 8+ classes of H2O daily
4)Log in to SP everyday and interact with all the people are also on this journey
5) Prayer, thankfulness and attitude of gratitude
Air Force Brat! We moved all around the country when I was growing up, but we always returned to New Jersey where my grandparents lived, so that's where I went to school. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, 3 cats and a wonderful supportive husband. No children, but lots of great nephews and nieces!
Love to read, knit and travel when I can (a little difficult when you need a wheelchair at the airport, but I do okay)
| current weight: 231.0