Visiting China a couple of year ago
Rygel - My Main Yorkie (AKA "You're a good 745!")
Juliet - my small (and extremely bossy) auxiliary backup Yorkie! (AKA "No! Bad 509!")
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Welcome to my page!
It's time to start getting serious about my health, and this seems like a good place to start. I am interested in losing weight, eating healthier foods, and working out regularly with the objective of getting back into running.
I think this is a great place for me to be as I don't have much in the way of support for these sorts of goals in real life.
* 10% by mid-January - DONE! - Reward was a spinning bike.
* 25 lbs by February 3 - DONE! - Reward was Jillian Michaels Biggest Winner DVDs.
* 15% by March 10 - DONE!
* 20% by April 21 - DONE! (goal met 4/7/10)
* 50 lbs by May 20 - DONE! (goal met 5/20/10)
* 25% by June 11 - DONE! (goal met 6/23/10) - Reward was P90X!
* 60 lbs by August 15 - DONE! (goal met 8/14/10)
* 30% by September 15 - Reward to be ChaLEAN Extreme!
* 75 lbs - TBA
* 35% - TBA
* Goal Weight - TBA - Reward will be elliptical or rowing machine.
* Run 5K without stopping or walking by my birthday (early June) - DONE! (goal met 4/4/10)
* Goal added 4/4/10 (Peachtree Roadrace Training) - Run 4 miles without stopping or walking by April 30 - DONE! (goal met 4/25/10)
* Goal added 4/4/10 (Peachtree Roadrace Training) - Run 5.5 miles without stopping or walking by May 31 - DONE! (goal met 5/22/10)
* Run 10K without stopping or walking by Thanksgiving (amended 4/4/10 to July 4 - Peachtree Roadrace!) - DONE! (goal met 6/13/10)
* Run in Peachtree Road Race - July 4 - DONE!
* Run 2011 Marine Corps Marathon (October 2011)
Fitness Videos/Video Sets I Use In My Program:
Slim in 6
Hip Hop Abs
Jillian Michaels DVDs
Kathy Smith Step Aerobics
Biggest Loser DVDs
Leslie Sansone In-Home Walking DVDs
SparkPeople Cardio Blast
Gilad DVDs & occasionally, on FitTV
Prevention DVDs w/Chris Freytag
Hope to eventually get in good enough shape to do ChaLEAN Extreme, P90X, and Insanity!
1. Lose weight. I would like to lose about 80 lbs.
2. Get in better shape through regular exercise, the goal being to get back into running.
3. Eat healthier as a lifestyle.
4. Improve my sleep habits - get at least 7 hrs per night.
5. Meet some new people and develop a better support network.
1. I plan to eat 1200 - 1400 calories per day of healthy foods.
2. I plan to walk/run (moving toward running only) 5-6 days per week, 40 - 70 minutes per session.
3. I plan to cross-train on my spinning bike or by using segments of various fitness DVDs for 10 - 30 minutes 2-3 times per week.
4. Finally, I plan to do some strength training 2 - 3 days per week.
On December 6, 2009, I began a virtual walk/run across America - 457.9 miles complete and in the state of Virginia.
I am a member of Weight Watchers and weigh-in on Wednesdays.
Hobbies: Scifi TV/films (Star Trek, Babylon 5, nuBSG, Firefly, Farscape, Roswell, Stargate, Buffy/Angel, etc), nuWho, Classic Film (TCM junkie), Computer Graphics, and International Travel.
I am a borderline-obsessed LOST fan.
I own two Yorkshire Terriers and am a confirmed 'dog person'.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 62.0
TOP 10 STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
1. Start small
2. Get it on paper
3. Focus on everyday habits
4. Always see your goal
5. Be consistent
6. Never stop learning
7. Come out of seclusion
8. Allow for setbacks
9. Trust your plan
10. Have fun!!!
2412 days ago
Wishing you a GREAT August!!
2425 days ago
Hey!! Thanks for checking up on me! I've been here, sporatically. I need to get to that total commitment stage again. I went for a run yesterday after a long time off because of my foot injury. It went better than I could have ever hoped. I ran 3.87 miles in 48 minutes, very slow! But, I didn't walk any of it and my foot doesn't hurt any more than it usually does in the morning. Thank you, Asics!! Goodbye, Saucony!! Anyway, congratulations on finishing the Peachtree and good luck with P90X!! I have a group of friends doing it, but they do it late at night (I'm an early riser, not a late nighter) and I'm too chicken to try it anyway.
2438 days ago
We're watching Haven and also Persons Unknown. The latter isn't technically sci-fi (at least yet), but it has the feel of it, with lots of mystery. It's only running this one season, which is often a lot of fun, because the writers don't have to artificially draw out the story and can work towards the conclusion they had in their head originally. If you can check out the previous episodes online, I'd say give it a try.
2440 days ago
We rerally had a nice time at the MoBot with the Spark St. Louis team. I think it was a nice turnout and we really got to know a bit more about each other. Can't wait till the next one!
2440 days ago