Patti with new car
Daydreaming in Barbados, Celebrating Life Cruise 2008!
4 generations of 1st daughters
YES, WE CAN WIN in 2011
A new beginning, new goals for a healthier me!
I am over 55 and trying to live with a paralyzed diaphragm (bilateral). This makes everyday life and exercise very difficult. I want to loose weight and breath easier. I have polymyalgia rheumatica. I am on steroids & am trying to reduce them. Weight gain is a constant battle. I love to cook, spend time with my family and travel.
Sparkpeople is time for me to be motivated, help others and learn from others!
Family and friends are very important to me. I am not your typical Grandmother (Noona), ask the grandkids!!
1. Take care of myself first before taking care of others.
2. Journal my food, this keeps me on track. Journal my day with how I am feeling, what is going on, what I did. This will help me see the not good and also the good patterns, so I can take control!
3. Follow my food guidelines, daily with medical nutritionist supervision weekly.
4. Drink more water, over 6 glasses daily.
5. Make time for movement, multiple times during the day and then it will be called exercise. Go to pulmonary rehab classes for better understanding of breathing condition. My breathing condition will improve.
6. Eat 2 fruits daily, eat 4 vegtables daily. This will happen with including one with each meal and each snack.
7. Make smaller goals that I can achieve rather than look at the whole picture. Use spark to keep everything in one place!
8. Take 1/2 hour for breathing and time off for me ....this is called meditation!!!!
9. Make time for Spark and helping others while helping myself. Giving is a gift I do for others while doing something for me!
10. I will get rid of one bag of stuff each week from my house, clothing for goodwill, junk to the trash, organize paperwork and shread what I do not need, organize and declutter each room. This will help me feel in control of my surroundings. Less clutter, less stress!
11. Copy and post my goals and look at them daily!!!!!
The ABC's of Life
Applaud the world around you,
Be kind to all you meet,
Care deeply for your convictions,
Do not accept defeat,
Express thanks for what you are given,
Find beauty in each day,
Give freely of your patience,
Hurt no one along the way,
Instill a sense of justice,
Jump in and do your part,
Keep the trust of those who ask,
Love truly from your heart,
Make a difference for another,
Nuture hope for those in need,
Open your mind to different views,
Put giving before greed,
Quiet rumers when you hear them,
Respect the thoughts of peers,
Stand proudly for your beliefs,
Trust those beyond your years,
Use careful thought and judgement,
Value family with a shout,
Wonder freely, seek your dreams,
X out the thoughts of doubt,
Yearn for peace and harmony,
Zero in all that's true...
For the best of life's great lessons,
Are those that come from you!
*To loose weight in a healthy way and still have good foods to eat and share with my family.
*To loose weight in a slow consistant way.
*To move and exercise to burn calories while taking care of my breathing issue.
*To be a support to others.
*I am going to take one day at a time,
sometimes one hour,
sometimes one minute,
sometimes one second
to reach my goal!
*I will journal daily my foods & exercise (movement).
*I will drink my fluids, take my vitamins, take my medications as needed to breath easier for a better me!
*I will do my best with my daily challenges to be healthier!
I am over 55and married for 35years. Have two grown children and two grandchildren. I am retired from work and not retired from life. I enjoy time with family and friends. I love to cruise, cook, read, and help others!
I love to cook for my Italian family for family dinner on Sunday night. I love to cruise with our friends and have travelled yearly for the last 10 years. I enjoy reading, knitting, and spending time outdoors. I am a member of Altrusa International (projects with literacy for all ages) I volunteer for ACS Relay for Life with my daughter and grand daughter.
This user doesn't belong to any groups
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 7.0