This is my "WANNABE" photo, I'm sorry I mislead some of you. I am seriously working on this now.
Shared Fitness Tracker
UP down UP down UP down UP down. This roller coaster has to STOP SOON! Going D
YES, wait for me. I must be in the Sears Building, I need to go down another 100 floors.
It takes steps on the Wii to do the Island Run. I'll put my pedometer on to check the steps. I hope this will work for me. Starting today, I am going to do the Wii Fit Island Run (bicycle). At least one mile daily. I will also be doing the other exercises, which also takes steps. By the end of Lent, I will have biked at least 40 miles. I will be interesting to see how many steps. I'll post as soon as I do it.
July 19, 2012
Here we Go again!! At the Doctors' last week and this week. Last week the Neurologist says to get off the Liptor, that may be the cause of some of the neuropathy in my limbs. Family Doc says if you go off Liptor you must make an aggressive attack on your healthy eating habits. I think he just said "GO ON A DIET" But I like the way he said it. "Aggressive attack on my eating habits."
Well here we are in 2014 still wanting to lose this weight.
Seems as though when I lose, I gain twice as much back. I gained 5.5 pounds this month. YIKES! That's more than a bag of sugar. and that's probable what put that 5 pounds on me - SUGAR. I need to watch my sugar intake more. that will be a Big challenge for me. I want to be able to sit in my car next winter with my coat on and be able to touch the accelerator and brake! And not have my stomach accidentally hit the darn horn! Talked with Weight management Doc yesterday. What happened? I stopped journaling my food, I did not use the Wii for 39 days, I did not care what foods went into my mouth(mostly sugar, my Church make the best Chocolate cover Easter Eggs). So there you have it.
May strategies sorta worked, lets see about now.
My New August Strategies:
1. Log into Spark People. I am pretty good at doing this every day. Only because of my New Spark Activity Tracker!
2. Use the Food Journal. I am getting better and better at writing down what I eat for the day.
3. Get to know the People on my Teams better so they can help when I need it. I need to get on the discussion boards more to talk with my team members.
4. Not Skip meals. It's hard to believe that a person that wants to lose weight, should NOT skip meals. But I do skip meals and I don't lose weight, go figure!
5. Not Graze in evening. This might be the reason for not skipping meals, I graze at night.
6. Eat something for breakfast even if just a piece of fruit. I am getting better at this, but it is eaten at the wrong times....
7. Stick to 1200-1300 Calories. Most times I am sticking close to 1300 to 1400, So not doing to bad.
8. Crochet when I'm hungry. I do crochet when I'm hungry, but I found Trail Mix that I can just throw in my mouth. So my new rule is NO EATING While crocheting.
9. Sleep 8 hrs night. I am having a very tough time sleeping these days. I am sure it will get better. Just not yet.
10. Meditate after Prayers and readings. I do my Prayers in the Morning when I wake up and in the Evening when I go to bed. But I haven't found a time for Meditation yet. YET! So I will find the time.
11. Pay more attention to My Goals and My Program in my Profile.
September 22, 2015 Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. I'm doing well the doc says, "for you age!" I guess he called me old. He already took me off of 5 meds and my PCP took me off of 2 more. I am feeling better and better everyday. Starting tomorrow, Serious thoughts on my prescription above. I can walk most times without my cane now. So that means I can walk outside to get mail plus a little further. And start doing the Wii Fit Plus on a daily basis. OK Get Ready
NEW GOALS........... AGAIN
There is no try, only Do or Do Not. - Yoda.
1. Sign into Spark People Daily.
2. Have healthy BP and Respiratory numbers.
3. Drop 1 pound a week.
4. Slowly,get in the "swing " of Wii Exercise. EVERYDAY. I will try to find a place to track this on Spark People.
5. Use Spark People Food Menu.
Make the bed.
Make food for the day.
Check for healthy food stuff for the next day.
Take this One Day at a Time.
Eat only one meal at a time, 3 times a day.
Healthy snacks 2-3 times.
NO ICE CREAM, NO 5 Whites - Rice, Potatoes, Salt, Sugar, Flour.
Limit Fats to vegetable fats.
My name is Pamela Custer, I was born in Ohio and raised in Ohio. After Graduation moved to Maryland and worked for The C&P Telephone Company. Five years later, I got married and moved to Virginia and worked for Bendix. We move back to Maryland. Bought a home Maryland. Divorced after 10 years of marriage. My life went completely topsy turvy. Having lived in many places and cities, Now here I am 31 years after the divorce. I have a wonderful life with my sister, Carol. Living in our beautiful home in Pennsylvania. We both love the mountains and the clean fresh air. Unless the farmers are fertilizing - AUGH. Then we sing our song is "We are farmers, bump a dump a bump bump bump."
I LOVE Crocheting and this year 2013 I gave so much of my crochet to "Toys for Joy" at St. Paul United Methodist Church for their Youth Party. They also put some out in the office for sell to help out with their costs. I gave them mostly girly things like: pretty hair scrunchies, pins, and jewel boxes.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 68.0
HI, PAM ! (love your cute SP name)
I just read your post on SparkGuy's 10 Min Team page.
After re-re-re-re-gaining the same 15 lbs,
I too have been alternating between
Wallowing in self-pity
I will never be permanently successful
there is ALWAYS HOPE !
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Maria Robinson, Early Education Teacher and AuthorÂ
After all, we are RE-learning a lifetime of bad habits. Slow is ok.
Hope you're still doing well from your surgery
Have a Wonderful Week
PEACE, LOVE AND BLESSINGS!
387 days ago
♥♥¸.*´¨`*. .♥♥¸.*´¨`* .¸♥♥.. *´¨`*.¸♥♥
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨ Thanks for the friend add! Back at ya!
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Keep Spreading the Spark!
♥♥¸.*´¨`*. .♥♥¸.*´¨`* .¸♥♥.. *´¨`*.¸♥♥
1050 days ago
Happy 3 Year SparkVersary!
1060 days ago
Pam! I saw on the DONE GIRL'S team huddle wall that you are making progress! I'm so happy for you! Sending support and hugs from my sparkpage to yours. Have a magnificent Monday!
~ Monika ~
1087 days ago
........║ ∕⁀´ ♥
Thanks for the support
on my Spark page!
1092 days ago