Waiting for West Point Tri to start (2012)
Shared Fitness Tracker
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| October Minutes: 0
This Holiday Season, give yourself the gift of self-motivation:
1. Review your reasons for wanting to be healthier.
2. Think about how you felt when you began your new healthy lifestyle. You remember . . . tired, low energy, lots of aches and pains, miserable, embarrassed, etc. and pay close attention to the smallest changes in your body. Think about how far you’ve come so far.
3. Challenge yourself . . . the try some new, healthy food options; a new form of exercise; walk farther; run faster; whatever. Just make sure the challenge you set is realistic for you.
4. Set up reminders to keep yourself on track – they can be sticky notes taped to your computer monitor, automatic text messages/emails you send yourself, or anything else that will keep your goals front and center in your mind.
5. Surround yourself with others who are positive and motivated.
6. Read success stories or watch them on video.
7. Learn as much as you can about healthy lifestyles. In this case, education CAN be free! There is a ton of good info on this site or in your local library. Knowledge is POWER!
8. Just Get Moving! Once you start, you’ll want to keep going.
9. Keep a record of your progress. Seeing concrete evidence of your improvement will motivate you to do even more/better.
10. Help others when you can.
You are SPARKTACULAR!
652 days ago
There are only 15 days left to make a positive impact on 2014. Here's a shot of motivation to help you close out the year STRONG!
655 days ago
What is a Workout?
By George Allen, former Washington Redskins Coach
A workout is 25 percent perspiration and 75 percent determination. Stated another way, it is one part physical exertion and three parts self-discipline. Doing it is easy once you get started.
A workout makes you better today than you were yesterday. It strengthens the body, relaxes the mind, and toughens the spirit. When you work out regularly, your problems diminish and your confidence grows.
A workout is a personal triumph over laziness and procrastination. It is the badge of a winner - the mark of an organized, goal-oriented person who has taken charge of his, or her, destiny.
A workout is a wise use of time and an investment in excellence. It is a way of preparing for life's challenges and proving to yourself that you have what it takes to do what is necessary.
A workout is a key that helps unlock the door to opportunity and success. Hidden within each of us is an extraordinary force. Physical and mental fitness are the triggers that can release it.
A workout is a form of rebirth. When you finish a good workout, you don't simply feel better, YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF.
660 days ago
"Dry Bones" a short, very readable blog about the importance of good hydration by Richard Simmons:
664 days ago
"Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most." (T. Harv Eker)
671 days ago