My Walking Buddy - Sasha!
And it feels so good!!!!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 201.4
Just a little progress
Even just a little progress, is progress. Even the smallest step forward is very much worth taking, because it maintains a positive momentum.
If you’re not moving ahead as fast as you’d like, don’t get discouraged. Get creative, get inspired, get focused and get truly enthusiastic about the direction you’re going.
Then, take the next step, and keep yourself moving steadily toward the goal. Remind yourself that even when you’re going slowly, you’re going solidly in the direction you’ve chosen.
Yes, the setbacks will certainly come, and when they do, you’ll know exactly how to quickly recover because you’ve been doing it all along. Get back up, face forward, and take the next step.
Even if it were possible, you wouldn’t want all your dreams to be fulfilled at once. It’s far more satisfying to savor each milestone as it comes, and to know that there will be many more.
Spend this day celebrating, enjoying and making use of your chance to make a little progress. Feel how great it feels to continue moving forward.
— Ralph Marston
786 days ago
May you have joy
in the mad rush
May you know peace
in the tiny margins
of time around
the busy days;
May you have star-shine
in clear night skies
for looking at;
May you have silence
now and then;
and, above all –
beyond all else –
May you have love
and to receive.
(Elizabeth Searle Lamb)
790 days ago
If you stumble, Get Back Up.
What happened yesterday No Longer Matters.
Today’s another day, so get back on track, stay on track, and move closer to your dreams and goals.
YOU CAN DO IT!
791 days ago
Recipe for a Merry Christmas
To a cup of tradition, time-honored and dear,
Add a generous portion of holiday cheer,
Combine with the memories of Christmases past,
Then sprinkle the mixture with joy unsurpassed.
Add a dash of good spirits, stir fondly until
You set it to rise in the warmth of good will.
Pour love over all in generous measure,
And garnish with laughter and heartwarming pleasure.
~ Barbara Burrow ~
792 days ago
This Holiday Season, give yourself the gift of self-motivation:
1. Review your reasons for wanting to be healthier.
2. Think about how you felt when you began your new healthy lifestyle. You remember . . . tired, low energy, lots of aches and pains, miserable, embarrassed, etc. and pay close attention to the smallest changes in your body. Think about how far you’ve come so far.
3. Challenge yourself . . . the try some new, healthy food options; a new form of exercise; walk farther; run faster; whatever. Just make sure the challenge you set is realistic for you.
4. Set up reminders to keep yourself on track – they can be sticky notes taped to your computer monitor, automatic text messages/emails you send yourself, or anything else that will keep your goals front and center in your mind.
5. Surround yourself with others who are positive and motivated.
6. Read success stories or watch them on video.
7. Learn as much as you can about healthy lifestyles. In this case, education CAN be free! There is a ton of good info on this site or in your local library. Knowledge is POWER!
8. Just Get Moving! Once you start, you’ll want to keep going.
9. Keep a record of your progress. Seeing concrete evidence of your improvement will motivate you to do even more/better.
10. Help others when you can.
You are SPARKTACULAR!
794 days ago