With our family at wedding 06/06/06
Photo album I created for younger son's 50th Birthday
Out on a walk with Judith.
My 87th birthday has now come and gone; I have lost a lot of weight since my DH passed at the end of May 2013, but I'd still like to lose a little bit more.
1. I was born in the small town of Ashburton, in Mid-Canterbury, South Island, New Zealand. Went to same school as my mother, and my grandmother before her, and our own children later. Married there in 1948 and went to Christchurch in 1960, then away to a small town in North Island, then moved over here to Australia,..Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
2. I have two daughters, Lesley age 65, Judith 62, two sons Paul 63 and Chris 57, six grandsons, three grand-daughters, ranging from 38 down to 28 and three great-grandchildren - 1 girl in 2004, 1 boy in 2007, and another girl Dec. 2013.
3. I collect ornamental owls, and small jugs.
4. I am definitely a Christian; I am Presbyterian, (most of my forbears were Scots).
5. My birthday is March 3, 1928.
6. I always worked in offices, first at a Lawyers, last in Insurance, rose to Gen Mgr's Secretary. I think I would be called a P.A. today. After marriage I did not work, and was always there for the children returning from school with warm soups and scones in winter, and cool drinks etc. in summer. Did part time work again when they were all out working themselves.
7. I had been married to my husband, Les, for 64 years.
Sadly, he passed away on 29th May, 2013, just a few months short of our 65th wedding anniversary.
8. I have been into genealogy for many years, have put out a book on my father's family. I love my computer and spend way too much time sitting here!! But it was a tremendous help in the Family History project.
9. I have enjoyed many different handcrafts over the years, but arthritic hands have put a stop to much of it now. Now my one main hobby is Scrapbooking which I am passionate about.
10. I am an avid reader, and have been all my life. As a young girl I was confined to the house every winter with bronchitis and asthma, (in those days one was coddled somewhat...I think it would be different now) and formed the habit of reading and became a definite bookworm . Only surgery has been two varicose vein operations, and one gall stone/ gall bladder laparoscopy.
11. I now have been diagnosed with Lupus, and movement is becoming more difficult - but I try to look on the bright side, I have a wonderful family, and lots of really good friends.
I would like to lose 10 kilos, reduce size of tummy, and somehow get some energy.
Struggling every inch of the way, trying to cut down size of meals, and taking more care of types of food I eat.
Cannot walk very well, have a motorised scooter (Doris) and wheelie walker (Wanda), but even so, don't get out and about as much as I would like.
Living in Australia, have been here 16 years, coming from N.Z. The cold weather there aggravated my arthritis, this warmer climate suits me better.
Have four grown children, 9 grandchildren and one adorable 13 year old g. g. daughter. Now a little 7 year old g.g.son in NZ - have only met him a few times. Plus gorgeous little Alexia born Dec.20, 2013. I have not met her yet !!
I attend a "Companions" Club on Monday mornings, and a "Seniors" Club on Thursday mornings.
As well, three friends and I play "Bolivia" each Friday afternoon, we have a ton of fun, and eagerly look forward to our games each week taking turns at hostessing..
Update: One very dear friend passed away 22nd August, our card playing group seems broken up now, but have taken up "Hand & Foot" with another group now, which might help.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 160.0
You are so kind my friend, thank you for your prayers and for the goodie. You are in my prayers as you walk the path I have walked. God Bless you. Dot
773 days ago
Your note was special and made my birthday even better.
792 days ago
BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AWARD"
You are the recipient of the Beautiful Woman Award!!
Once you've been given this award, you have to paste it on the page of 8 women who deserve it. If you receive more than 3, you know you're really beautiful! If you break the chain, nothing will happen, but it's always good to know someone thinks you're beautiful inside and out!
Again, Congratulations Beautiful! Hugs!
885 days ago
Thank you Nora for the Goodie Rainbow - exactly what I needed to remind me to have faith in the Lord. Chris is still in the hospital his 5th day...he is very discouraged and doesn't seem any better. Thank you for your prayers. Hugs and Blessings, Dot
887 days ago
Thanks for the award. Made my day!
890 days ago