Made it to the top of Mt. Willard 8.5.13!
Two at Day...in top hat with cane
first day of Community Gardening 5.14
Looking back over two and a half years with Sparking, I am so very blessed to have met many fellow travelers on this healthy living path, who are also trusting into the Lord Jesus Christ daily. Change is difficult almost always. And I know that I could not have done what was needed in my life, nor continue to do what remains to be accomplished in this choice of wellness without GOD, His Word and the many Spark People who challenge and support me each day on SP. Actually I am not the one changing me, the LORD is; I just must continually agree with Him, as He does the necessary surgery or instruction, correction and testing! Bless all of you who have entered into partnering with me for our mutual accountability and growth. GOD keep each of you on your journeys as well!
A mother of five and grandmother to a dozen (so far), I found myself in these later years desiring to change some lifelong patterns in order to live consistently healthfully in each life area. Diet issues, fitness balance, sleep problems and procrastination tendencies need my continuing work.
Reasons: needing to keep weight off and deal with my insomnia.
Now: one year, two years later...I am gratefully on maintenance in weight (with some tweaking after holiday splurges), continuing to grow in fitness goals, sleeping well most nights, and....well, still really needing to work on the procrastination!!
1. Continue to trust GOD in Christ everyday with/in all things: taking in scripture, communing with Him, worshiping and fellowshipping along with other Christians.
2. Maintain my nutrition plan for tracking daily: watching to keep within 1250-1600 cal.
3. Improve my fitness plan: doing regular strengthening exercises (3-4 times a week) with daily cardio (mostly jogging now) and keeping up the tap challenges with new steps and songs.
4. Monitor wellness: remaining mentally active (reading , studying and doing puzzles), and learning new things (pieces of music with piano and guitar).
5. Follow established sleep patterns to avoid chronic insomnia
6. Get a grip on why I am procrastinating, what steps need to be taken and how to do a working plan. (This is on-going!!)
This little shire in New Hampshire is home. Ours is a Wee Hobbit House "down below" the road. Also we thoroughly enjoy the four seasons with the many changes in weather and look forward to the next challenges in our lives. Thank You, LORD, for Your mercy and grace to us!!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 122.0