7-7-2010 Solo Bike Run to the Ocean, 27.57 miles
First 5K 1/9/2010
What I'm Aiming For...rewind 11 years
A couple of years ago, with a lot of help from SP, I lost about 60 pounds and got really healthy. After starting back to full-time work, plus continuing to work my part-time job, I gradually fell further and further off the wagon. Now I've gained all the weight back, plus a not-so-lucky seven pounds.
I am under an incredible amount of stress and hope to deal with it by getting healthy again and also by focusing on stress reduction methods like deep breathing, meditation, and other ways I hope to discover.
I'm really happy to be back on SparkPeople, and I look forward to connecting with SP friends new and old.
Lose 43 pounds by February 11, 2012. Shop in the regular size women's clothing department (achieved bought size 16s August 2010). Sit comfortably in the narrow, steel seats at the Greek Theater. Wear a dress. (done) Cross my legs. (done) Play beach volleyball, jumping high and looking fit. Parasail without a care. Feel sexy! (Getting there!)
- Min. four servings vegetables a day (easy on corn & carrots).
- Max three servings fruits (easy on high-sugar apples, bananas, oranges).
- Max 9-11 oz. of proteins.
- Two servings grains, unless I'm running the next morning then I try to load up on more cereal, rice, oatmeal the night before.
- Always snack, never let myself get too hungry.
- All the blueberries and Brussels sprouts I want.
- Eat a BIG, healthy, varied breakfast, which keeps my appetite in check for the rest of the day. Typical breakfast: veggie omelet w/two egg whites, one egg yolk, 1 cup spinach, broccoli, sauteed onions, and mushrooms; 2 oz. O.J.; 4 oz. nonfat milk; 1/4 cup oatmeal with blueberries and chopped walnuts.
- Healthy alternatives always.
- 11 glasses of water.
- Always combine a carb with protein (metabolizes better).
Aim for 45 minutes 5 days a week, usually biking 3x and running 1-2x.
10 lbs.- Two new pairs of shoes. (Yay, achieved 10/12/09!)
15 lbs. - Mani-pedi. (Yay, achieved 10/19/09!)
20 lbs. - Full body massage. (Yay, achieved November 2009. I wish I could afford to make this my reward for EVERY five pounds lost.)
30 lbs. - Another full body massage. Yep, this is my favorite reward. (Achieved 12/7/09)
40 lbs. - New, smaller underwear to match my new smaller you-know-what. My pal ChrissyK08 says I can't post a picture of my reward. hehehe (Achieved 2/1/10)
50 lbs. - Throw a volleyball picnic party, or maybe a jam session with my old musician friends, doing what I love most: making music.
78 pounds - New wardrobe, for a start.
"Don't think; just go." This mantra has helped me so much, especially when I first started running.
"Progress not perfection." (ChristyK08)
"Not every day has to be perfect." (SuperSheepGirl)
"Getting the sin of gluttony out of my life has freed me to do and be all I ever dreamed of and so much more." (GrammaKD)
". . . and no matter what when I fell off the wagon - I got RIGHT back on!" (Girl*in*Motion)
| Pounds lost: 13.7