Current size. 01/17/2015
With my sweet Grandson, Gideon, 16 Jan 2016
3 Apr 2011- size 6.
I want to get back to this.
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
NANCYANNE55 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Oh my gosh! I am SO TIRED of being overweight! Can I get an "Amen"?
4 years ago a "terrible awful" happened in my life and I turned to food for comfort, gaining back most of the weight I'd worked so darned hard to lose. I've finally reached a point where I have had enough and am ready to do the hard work of becoming the person God intends me to be- inside AND out.
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31 (NASB)
Obesity is the sin that no one talks about.
Am I being judgmental? Yep. Of myself. I struggle with turning to food for comfort instead of obeying God.
But we believers need to wake up and face the facts about our own sin, which we wear on the outside, before we go judging others concerning their sins.
God created food for us to enjoy. But he didn't create it for us to overindulge.
My 2016 goal is to be a size 6, about 30 pounds down, by my 50th birthday, November 9th.
May 2: Start weight- 185.6
Yep, as a repeat weight gainer and loser, I have some work to do. But I'm not sugar coating it anymore.
I can do this. I've done it before. It will be worth it. Are you in it with me? Well............... Let's go!
My overall goal is to take care of this body God has entrusted me with.
Most motivating goal: Keep my family history of diabetes and heart disease at bay. My best chance to be around for kids & grand-kids is to be as lean as possible.
Keep my muscle and bone density as I age!
At 5'9", I want to get consistently into a size 6 and put on oodles of leg muscle!
Keep the reactive hypoglycemia I have when I am heavier at bay.
If God does decide to take me early, have my organs in excellent shape so they can save/extend the lives of others. What better way to leave than helping someone else stay?
I am following Julie Lohre's Fitbody Lifestyle program.
I work as the Assistant Manager at My Sister's Closet, a local non-profit high-end resale boutique that dresses low-income and at-risk women in interview clothes and a small work wardrobe once they have obtained employment. It's super-rewarding.
I am also certified as both a Personal Trainer (11 years) and a Health Coach (3 years), although I no longer use these certifications. It was time to move on to something else.
We have permanantly landed in Bloomington, Indiana, but I am originally from the SF Bay Area. In my adult life I have lived in Illinois, Southern California, Virginia, Florida, Kentucky, Ohio, Texas, and here in Indiana. Stick a fork in us, we're done!
We have a total of seven kids, four of which emerged from my body and three from the body of my ex-wife-in-law. :-) Only one lives at home full time still. We also have three (soon to be four) beautiful grandchildren.
I enjoy all sorts of boring domestic stuff, when I have time!
These have become my own original catch-phrases:
- "The shame is not in falling down. The shame is in not getting back up."
- "Any exercise is better than no exercise."
- "Do the Right thing, even when it's not easy."
- "Do what scares you! "
- "You can't know what you don't know"
- "If you do positive things to your body, your body can't help but respond positively."
- "An obstacle isn't a road block- it's simply something to either be climbed over, navigated around, or blown to smithereens."
Favorite quote NOT by me:
- "You gotta put your behind in the past." (Pumba to Timon in The Lion King)
Favorite Bible Verse:
- "There is no temptation you are faced with that others haven't also faced. But God, who is faithful, will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can stand and will give you a way to escape the temptation so that you will be able to handle it." 1st Corinthians 10:13 NNAV [New Nancy Anne Version ;-)]
| current weight: 185.6