Me, my Best Buddy (Tyler) & "Puppy" sleepin' in on a Saturday morning!
Me in the burgandy shirt, my wife in light blue short sleeved sweater. & 4 generations of family.
Nana & her best buddy (Jonathan) just chilin' at Great Grandma's house.
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I've been member of SparkPeople since 12/07 so I thought I would update my SparkPages. By the way, that's me in the burgandy shirt and my sweetheart is in the blue sweater (kneeling front row right). Four generations in this picture.
My name is Ken. I am now 62 years old and have been married for 39 years on August 30th to my college sweetheart and best friend. I have two wonderful children, a son 35 and a duaghter 31. I also have three (four now) grandchildren, 2 girls (13 & 6), a boy (2), and another boy (6 Months).
When I began this journey I stated that I was sick of being sick, and intended to take control of the sickness, quit smoking (August of this year I will have been smoke free for 2 years), get off depression and insomnia medication( thank God, no more drepression and no more insomnia), lose approximately 10 pounds ( I actually gained about 25) that I put on due to the above medications, and exercise and rehabilitate my back (two ruptured discs), and would stirve to once again play golf with my son and best friend (so far I've made it back to the practice range with no pain). Accomplishing this will allow me to to continue to be with my wife and sweetie and enjoy our golden years and further enjoy my children and grandchildren, and be an integal part of their lives.
Since joining SparkPeople (mainly since January of this year), I have been able to make great progress. On January 1st of this year my wife and I both joined a gym. That program, learning to eat right, working out at home, and Yoga has helped me attain almost all my original goals. I still wor out at home, too.
My last continuing goal is to daily encourage and offer help to other Sparkers. They sure did it for me!
1) Exercise daily. (Do Daily)
2) Track nurtition daily. (Do Daily)
3) Lose 10 pounds. (Actually lost 13 and working on 20)
4) Drop 2" in waist. (Done)
5) Get off depression medication. (Done)
6) Get off insomnia medicaion. (Done)
7) Quit smoking (Done - 2 Years Now).
8) Rehabilitate back to where I can once again play golf with my son and best friend again. (Made it back to the driving range, but play again soon).
9) Watch my grandchildren grow up and be an integral part of their lives. (My health is much better; therefore, this goal is now a daily occurance)
10) Give and receive encouragement to my fellow Spark People. (I try to do this daily and be an encouragement as others have been to me.)
11) Retire and be able to enjoy it with my wife. (Hopefully less than a year to go)
11) Be the best Christian daily that I can be. (I pray that I meet this example daily.)
12) See the gas prices drop drastically! HA! (Thankfully, this has happe
1) Exercise daily at home. (Done)
2) Join a gym and get on strength and cardio regime. (Done)
3) Change what I'm eating and eating habits( Ongoing)
4) Lose another 10 lbs. (Lost 15 going for 20)
5) Track nutrition daily (Working on this a priority.)
6) Continue with Yoga.(Done)
My name is Ken. I am originally from Rockingham, NC and have lived in Williamston, SC since 1971. I am a retired minister of music of 42 years and assistant band director with the local high schoos with 36 years of service. I love music (all types, especially Southern Gospel, smooth jazz, and good ole' Myrtle Beach Shag music).
Favorite book is the Bible. Favorite TV program is MASH. Favorite thing to do now is exercise. Favorite sport is golf. Favorite place to go is the Blue Ridge and Smokey mountains, rent a cabin in the middle of nowhere and chill.
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
| Pounds lost: 17.0
Thank you for the relaxing music goodie. I read your page. It is nice to read a man's page and feel so much love being expressed about his wife. I have been married for 11 tears, & I thank God for bringing him into my life. Thank you for what you said in your note. Your kindness is appreciated,Shelly
2584 days ago
Not far at all from Anderson. I'm 12 miles (15 minutes) north of anderson and 14 miles south (20 minutes) of Greenville. In fact Williamston is in Anderson County. If you've heard of the two towns, we're between Pelzer and Belton. You are probable think of Williston, SC which is in Barnwell County and is closer to Newberry and Columbia than we are. If you wok in Fountain Inn you aren't but 20 miles from Williamston.
Have a GREAT EASTER!
2600 days ago
I am not sure but isn't that a long drive to work. I know where Andderson is and I though Williamton was down toward Newberry and Columbia. Not sure though. I work in Fountain Inn.
Thanks Ken and Gail! if you ever need support, I am here.
Have a great Easter Weekend!
2601 days ago
Thanks for the encouraging words...accountable should be the name of this website...it is amazing at how many calories I have actually eaten!!! I hope I get to enjoy the exercise at some point. I am now beginning to enjoy logging on and putting everything I eat on here. Thanks again!
2610 days ago
The April Minutes Challenge in the 60's & Beyond Team has really got me excited. I have done very poorly tracking my nutrition, exercise, and goals, and for whatever reason this team and this goal has really got me going. I am going to do better, and I will accomplish my goals. I have waited way too long to take care of me, but I found that with a support system, SparkPeople, and my wife joining me at the gym and at home working out and eating, etc. it's easier, and as a true southerner would say, "It's plum fun!" "It's funner than ever getting to do things with my sweetie and best friend!" I'm really having a good time. I hope everyone else is, too.
2610 days ago
Comment edited on: 4/1/2009 10:27:01 PM