Mike enjoying fresh shrimp cocktail, Pike Street Market, Seattle (May 2011, 190 lbs)
Mike, December 2009 - 245 lbs
With Biggest Loser Season 9 winner Michael Ventrella (April 2011)
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Welcome to my Spark Page. I joined Spark People in late December 2009 in order to help me reach my goals to lose weight and get healthier in 2010. After reaching a goal weight of a 190# (a 55# weight loss) in July 2010, I lost my motivation, stopped tracking calories, worked out less, and of course gained back some weight back (215 or so). Came back in Dec 2010 and got down to 190 by May of 2011. Took another summer hiatus until late Sep. 2011 (back to 206 lbs), and now I am back again. Are you seeing a pattern?
Short Term Goal
1) Get back to 200 by Halloween or sooner.
Mid Term Goals:
1) 175 target weight by ??? (need to think about this one still).
2) Get to a size 34 pant size.
Long Term Goals:
1) Maintain good eating and exercise health habits to maintain a healthy weight and blood pressure metrics.
1) daily 30-45 minute minute cardio workouts while in my zone heart rate.
2) 3x a week strength conditioning
3) use Sparks nutrition tool to plan and log my caloric intake every day; track into my ranges for calories, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
4) look for ways to reduce salt in my diet
5) Average 4000+ more calories burned each week than I consume (including my BMR).
6) Actively partner with my Spark Buddies to work towards our goals.
49 years old, happily married, two great kids. I live in St. Charles, IL but my roots are in MI. I am a project / program manager for a major software company and I normally work from home.
I love to golf, bike and garden.
"What Gets Measured Get's Done - Eventually"
“There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.”
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 208.0
Mike - you still Sparking? I am back and commited. Two weeks in and feeling better already.
1786 days ago
Mike - been slacking - but went low carb (or at least very carb focused 10 days ago) - looking for some improved feel.
Hope you are doing well.
1899 days ago
Hey Mike, I got my weigh-in done this morning and I'm down to 219. I hope your have progress also.
1958 days ago
Thanks for comment Mike.
I am hanging in there. Had a career change and not able to interact on Sparks like normal, but still getting my progress in and trying to eat right and exercise. Little off lately with getting use to everything, but I'm in for long haul.
With friends like you helping to keep me going, I am sure that I and we, will be just fine.
You Ready for some Football????
Always, with Blessings,
1979 days ago
Thanks for stopping by. Yeah I'm still here. My program has changed a little, I have added Tai Chi Chuan to my practice. Gramie suggested I should be doing something like Yoga and I thought Tai Chi Chuan, is "something like Yoga", and it seemed a good fit for my Chi Running.
I have choosen the long slow road for Tai Chi Chuan, been at it since May 2011 and and I am about 80 percent of the way through the first third. I am quite enjoying it and my run, and balance (both physical and otherwise) seem to be benefiting fromt he addtion.
All is wll with me. Hope the same is true for you.
1979 days ago