We had the cutest flower girl in the whole world!
On vacation in Hawaii a few months ago, weighing about 125 (9/07)
This is me the year before we got married, when I weighed about 95 (2005)
I have 37 pics in my gallery
I'm finally losing weight!!!
I'm Angela. I gained a lot of weight after getting laid off ... and laying around the house. That was a long time ago. I've been trying to lose weight since then... umm, well since before then actually. I found Spark People when I was desperate to lose weight for my vacation in the beginning of May. I didn't quite meet my goal, but was only 4 lbs. shy of my goal weight of 99 lbs. by May 8th vacation. I felt good though. I knew from the start that my goal was overambitious (I was trying ...
I'm Angela. I gained a lot of weight after getting laid off ... and laying around the house. That was a long time ago. I've been trying to lose weight since then... umm, well since before then actually. I found Spark People when I was desperate to lose weight for my vacation in the beginning of May. I didn't quite meet my goal, but was only 4 lbs. shy of my goal weight of 99 lbs. by May 8th vacation. I felt good though. I knew from the start that my goal was overambitious (I was trying to lose slightly more than 2 lbs. per week). I was just proud that I was finally losing weight and came very close to my goal weight. Since returning from vacation, I had some unexpected stressors and once again started turning to food for comfort and gained some of the weight back. I'm still a lot lighter then I was when I started and I know there are always going to be ups and downs in life. I'm getting back on track and will continue to make progress until I meet my final goal weight of 95 lbs. Wish me luck!!!
** Inspirational / Motivational Quotes**
- "Change is a state of mind."
- "Yard by yard is hard, but inch by inch is a cinch!"
- "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."
- "You can't have your cake and be thin too."
- "If life kicks your butt, get up, dust yourself off, and kick it
- "All the flowers of tomorrow are seeds of today."
- "Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day after day."
- "Be more stubborn than the scale."
- "Nothing happens until I make it happen."
- "Instead of giving yourself reasons why you can't, give yourself reasons why you can."
- "Commitment leads to action. Action brings you closer to your dream."
- "Determination today leads to success tomorrow."
- "My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitude and the choices I make today."
- "If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution."
- "You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there."
- "If food is your best friend, then it's also your worst enemy."
- "You've only failed when you quit trying."
- "Never trade teh life you want the most for what you want at the moment."
- "Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal."
- "The past is gone. The future is distant. But TODAY you can succeed."
| current weight: 110.0
Member Since: 2/7/2008
Fitness Minutes: 16,963
I want to get back to a healthy weight where I can look and feel good again.
More importantly, I want to get my eating habits under control! I hate being controlled by food!
May 31st - 94 lbs.
July 29th - 90 lbs.
Elliptical: 35 min. - 5 days
Be more active!
Keep my calorie intake to about 1,000 calories a day 3 days a week and 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day 4 days per week.
Drink 8 cups of water a day.
I have three cats, Gracie, Tucker, and Dori. We had a dog, Molly but we had to put our beloved Molly to sleep on May 31, 2008 - one day shy of her 15th birthday. We will never forget her! Since then we have expanded our furry family...
We adopted two new dogs, Lily and Samara.
Sadly, Samara died this past September. We are grateful for the time we had with her. RIP Samara!
We adopted a new dog, a 6 year old chow mix named Teddy Bear. He was rescued after his "owner" died. It was suspected that he was an outdoor dog with very little care. We're trying our best to spoil him rotten and show him the love of being in a real family.
To be more active I started volunteering at the local animal shelter. This has really helped me get back into a normal schedule, getting up at a normal time and going to bed earlier. I think that being more active has helped me get back on track with my weight loss and healthy lifestyle goals too.