October '07 - My goal was to regain this & I'm 99% there!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I'm a 29 year old teacher (public school by day, adult dance & cardio by night) and graduate student.
My current goals:
* To gain upper body strength
* To increase flexibility
* To run my first 5k
My biggest obstacles:
* Poor meal choices (public school food- no! restaurants- no!)
* Work schedule (I'm up at 6am, so it's a challenge stay energized to teach fitness classes at 7 & 8pm!)
My fitness plan:
* Run at least 3 days/ week
* Dance rehearsal/ class prep every day
* Teaching Zumba & bellydance classes 3/ week
* Other group fitness class 1 time each/ week
* Mix it up with pilates, yoga, free weights, & other dvds
My food plan:
Follow the advice of Michael Pollan-- "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." :-)
* Always eat breakfast! I get up earlier now to make & eat a real breakfast before I leave.
* Drink less calories (water instead of soda, etc)
* Faithfully record everything I eat, every day-- beginning goal is to record daily for one week
***I'm looking for buddies to help me stay on track.***
The hardest thing for me right now is choosing to eat right. So, my nutrition tracker is public. Feel free to chide me or cheer me on my food choices! :-) haha
Current weight: 120
Goal weight: 118
The real goal is to feel better and have more energy. The way to do it is to eat well and exercise. My goal weight is my former "constant/ normal" weight, prior to working several jobs while student teaching & finishing my degree. If I'm healthy, happy, stronger, & have more energy, I don't care what I weigh.
*DANCING: I belly dance for at least 30 minutes a day, teach a weekly class, & have weekly rehearsals with my troupe. I sometimes attend other dance classes, such as jazz or samba.
*RUNNING: I run 3 miles 3-4 days/ week and am running my first 5k on Thanksgiving 2010! My goal is to run a 5k at an average time for my age bracket. Thank god I'm moving up a bracket when I turn 30 soon! haha
*ZUMBA: I teach Zumba 3 days/ week, so I practice songs almost every day.
*VIDEOS: I cycle through a mix of yoga, aerobics, pilates, weights, Zumba, and bellydance videos.
Occupation: Teacher, Dance/ Fitness Instructor, Graduate Student
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 120.0