May all our efforts, wishes & dreams for a healthier life come true!
definately a motivation-one of my handsome grandbabies!
Well here I am once again. So positive when I started this trip of wt loss and it worked I was toned up and feeling good although I only lost 20 lbs before, then I gained it back with 3 more to spare. I know I'm not the only one but lord knows it sure feels like it sometimes. I have a hard time keep up w/the page work but I'm really going to try. This time I have a wii and my knee has been repaired although it still needs to be stronger I'm taking the sign that it works at all as good and get back on track. I also want to thank those who still kept in touch while i was on my dark backward slide even when I couldn't get myself to write back. (not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me) just trying to thank all you spark mates and encourage those who need it. Keep trying because that's the only way to accomplish anything!!!!! Love ya Sparkys!!
To fit into a size 14 pants and/or reach 155 lbs by December 30. Tone the body, mind & spirit!
Eatting more healthier foods, ie less cookies, cakes and carbs--more vegetables and fish, less red meat, drink more water, get more rest, stress less and exercise more
I'm a MA, who hails (hee, hee) from the midwest and where winters are COLD (eat more food-smile) and the summers are very hot and humid (at less & drank more water there). Now I live in the beautiful northwest and love it, even with all the rain.
Alot has changed. Kids all grown and living life. Learning to deal with that. Learning to love me again & discovering who me is. Finding time to read again (Kindle is the best) Staying busy but taking time to enjoy life without the intense stress (a new for me!!)
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 228.0
Here are some quotes to encourage you on your health and weightloss journey:
- Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. –Jesus (Matthew 7:7)
- Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. –Charles Swindoll
- If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh
- The battles that count aren’t the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself–the invisible battles inside all of us–that’s where it’s at. –Jesse Owens
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. –Mark Twain
- If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. –Booker T. Washington
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
- I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. -Jesus (John 14:6)
1041 days ago
Linda (below) has a lot of good advice, and to that I would add the things that have kept me successful.
1) COME HERE EVERY DAY
2) Log every bit of MEASURED food and water (don't assume that cereal bowl is "about" a cup....measure it and be sure) on the nutrition tracker, and exercise on the tracker for that too. (click "my trackers" and find "start page" for your trackers)
3) Use the SPARKPOINTS daily list (which will be in the drop down list under my trackers button too) to learn and use many features and pick up POINTS.
4) Blog daily, or as often as humanly possible. It helps us to help keep you accountable.
I'm glad you're here!
2081 days ago
Happy New Year and congrats on taking the first step to reaching a healthier you! I'm glad you're getting active with SparkPeople - it's a great community, wonderful resources and fantastic support.
Please check out the SparkTeams - I think you will find a lot of others 'just like you' there. You can choose SparkTeams by age group, lifestyle or interests, geographic location or several other ways - in fact, I suggest joining more than one group, post your intro there and write blogs as often as you can - you will find tons of friends and support that way, I promise!!
In my experience, SparkPeople is like a in some ways - it's lots of fun and easy to make friends because we're all in this together. I like the way a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE is emphasized instead of a 'quick fix wonder diet' - it's about waaaaaay more than 'just' losing weight so you have definitely come to the right place!
If you ever need any help using features of the site, there are tutorial videos under the HELP section that can show you how to use the features of the site. You can also find them on the START page and several other places on the site.
If you haven't discovered The Spark book and/or the SparkDiet linked at the bottom of the START page, check them out - the program is simple but extremely effective. There is a TON of information on this site - so much it might even seem overwhelming but fortunately we don't have to 'digest' everything at once! The FastBreak program is a good way to start.
Another nice thing about SparkPeople is that we have permission to be human - we don't have to change everything at once or be in a hurry to reach our goals. Take a few baby steps and then a few more and before you know it, you'll have completed a long journey - I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do - it teaches us how to make positive lifetime changes because that's the only thing that will work over time!
2154 days ago
Welcome back! Glad you are here! You will find so much support and make new friends! This is a great place to learn about healthy eatting and the right way to exercise. Make sure to make time to create and update your Spark Page. It is so helpful to keep motivated and you can keep track of your friends and teams. If you need any help just hollar!!! Feel free to add me as a Friend!! Check out my Spark Page and blogs! I just started a new challenge. It's called "The 10/10/10 Challenge." Please join! Web links below.
2154 days ago
Hi im new to spark and just lookin around the site trying to get to know some people.. So just wana say hey and best of luck with your goals
3014 days ago