Me & Paulie. One of these years, he'll be Dr. Paulie.
MICKEYMAX is a SparkPeople Motivator!
Going down 10 pounds at a time!
Reinventing myself requires a fresh perspective, the ability to overcome obstacles and dogged determination.
I am building up all of these things in myself.
I am dedicating myself to being the healthy, vibrant, caring, compassionate, amazing woman that I am and that I was meant to be.
I am exactly the person I choose to be.
Changing myself is absolutely up to me.
NO matter what curveballs life throws at me, I am worth every single effort to take care of myself. I am a keeper.
SPARKPEOPLE is a gift I give myself! The energy and inspiration abounds and overflows!
I AM D-O-N-E being the fat girl! I am done seeing myself this way also! WOO HOO!
To remember I am a great person.
To believe in myself.
To not panic when I sit in a chair, worrying that it is not going to hold me.
To stop holding myself back from social situations.
To wear a dress (and feel comfortable in it)
GET DOWN TO A SIZE I am happy to wear
BE CONFIDENT 100% of the time --- NOT JUST PERIODICALLY...
To be agile and limber
To FEEL GOOD!
To look hot. :)
Low fat, low sugar lifestyle! Building stamina to become more able to work out again!
Focusing on losing 10 lbs at a time.
Very happily married to Rick. We are two peas in our pod.
Jersey girl roots, live in PA - just outside of Philly.
I laugh a lot and I enjoy life and people!
Things I Love
Reading books and blogs, flea mkts, yard sales, beads, friends, asking lots of questions, recycling old jewelry into new things, craft blogs, writing, making new friends from random strangers, laughing.
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 46.8
HI, thanks for taking the time to visit and read my blog have a great day!!
221 days ago
It was nice to 'see' you on my page when I got back. I'm still in recovery phase and it's been darn hard, but I'm hanging in here and every day is a little easier than the day before. Hope you are well. Hugs, Di
223 days ago
Just popping in to say good_morning and happy Wednesday.
224 days ago
You have a great attitude and I find myself in the same position. I am going to try to think like you. Keep at it.
224 days ago
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
230 days ago