In my new Spark workout shirt, ready to hit the gym!
I have 30 pics in my gallery
My 'Amazing Race' to a healthier me
I've been on Spark since January 2007. This site helped me lose 63 pounds! I reached my goal weight in October 2008. I had my second child in June 2012. Since then, I my weight has slowly crept back up to the point where I no longer feel comfortable in my skin. I am back and ready to get my act together to lose these 22 pounds. Now that I am a mom to 2 young children, I find I have much less time to focus on myself. Somehow, someway I will get my groove back because I want to be fit and ...
I've been on Spark since January 2007. This site helped me lose 63 pounds! I reached my goal weight in October 2008. I had my second child in June 2012. Since then, I my weight has slowly crept back up to the point where I no longer feel comfortable in my skin. I am back and ready to get my act together to lose these 22 pounds. Now that I am a mom to 2 young children, I find I have much less time to focus on myself. Somehow, someway I will get my groove back because I want to be fit and healthy again.
"The Amazing Race" is my inspiration. It is my dream to be on the show. When I started out, there was NO WAY I could have raced around the world in the shape I was in. Scale the Great Wall of China? Rappel 400 feet in Brazil? Do a 40-foot rock climb in Chile? Zorb in New Zealand? I am ready!
WHAT HAS HELPED ME:
- Eating cleaner by reducing or eliminating high-fructose corn syrup, trans fat, artificial sweeteners, additives and many processed foods.
-Setting mini goals: things like drinking the recommended amount of water for the day. Eating meals only at home for a week. Trying a new exercise. I think of what I can I do differently for a week that would bring me closer to goal. Mini goals keep this journey fun and not so overwhelming.
- Small rewards for meeting these goals, such as a new song for my iPod, a manicure, a new top, a book from the library, whatever. It doesn't have to be expensive.
- A huge reward for getting to goal weight. This should be a BIG deal! For me, it was an amazing vacation to Israel. Whenever I said to myself "I don't feel like exercising today" or when I was tempted by a gooey treat, or during an exceptionally tough workout, I would think about how I am getting closer to going on my dream trip. It was worth it!
- My subscriptions to Shape and Clean Eating magazines
- Jillian Michaels' podcast
- The SparkPeople message boards, Spark Teams and my Spark friends. Oh and of course, the food and exercise trackers!
Thank you to all the amazing Sparkers who continue to motivate and inspire me!
| Pounds lost: 0.0
Member Since: 1/27/2007
Fitness Minutes: 82,172
To continue to maintain the 60 (plus) pounds I lost with the help of SP! Thank you!
Eat healthier foods in smaller portions; no more than 1500 calories a day when in weight-loss mode. Track food and calories using the SP nutrition tracker.
Cardio for 30-60 minutes most days of the week, weight training 1-2 times a week, and set new limits when it comes to fitness.
Exercises I enjoy: Body Combat, Body Pump, swimming, walking, running, elliptical, ice skating, spinning classes, Zumba, circuit training. Anything to mix it up!
COUCH TO 5K (completed in 2008)
Week 1: completed 2/3
Week 2: completed 2/10
Week 3: completed 2/17
Week 4: completed 2/24
Week 5: completed 3/2
Week 6: completed 3/5
Week 7: completed 3/16
Week 8: completed 3/23
Week 9: completed 3/29 - WOO HOO!!!!!!!
In 2010 I ran my first 5K and 10K. My goal is to work up to a half marathon.
I'm 37 years old and married. I have had 2 kids since I joined Spark. DD was born July 2009 and DS was born June 2012.
Some of my likes, in no particular order: writing, traveling, The Amazing Race, books of all sorts, The Ohio State Buckeyes, makeup & beauty products and good food!