I have 3 pics in my gallery
S.M.I.L.E: Small Movements Inspire Lotsa Energy!
Hello Spark world! I'm from Olympia, WA and I now live on Nantucket Island, MA. I am 29 years old, approx. 90 pounds overweight, and am making tiny lifestyle changes so that I may be fit and healthy for the rest of my life! I used to be in amazing shape. I was strong, healthy, adventurous, outgoing, and energetic. I'm getting those qualities back as I make one healthy choice at a time. I used to be a lifeguard, a fitness instructor, a latin dancer, an outdoor adventure guide, a competitive ...
Hello Spark world! I'm from Olympia, WA and I now live on Nantucket Island, MA. I am 29 years old, approx. 90 pounds overweight, and am making tiny lifestyle changes so that I may be fit and healthy for the rest of my life! I used to be in amazing shape. I was strong, healthy, adventurous, outgoing, and energetic. I'm getting those qualities back as I make one healthy choice at a time. I used to be a lifeguard, a fitness instructor, a latin dancer, an outdoor adventure guide, a competitive runner, a kayaker and an outdoor enthusiast. Then life and sickness threw all that off. But I am determined to get that health and that feeling of being free and light back. I want to be smokin' hot and able to do whatever activities I want, to do the things I love! So here is to SP and myself!
I am very interested in talking to people with similar goals and interests.
- I LOVE yoga although I'm not doing a lot of it right now, I have in the past. Last year I did Yoga Journal's 21 Day Yoga Challenge and it turned into my own 165 day challenge! I do vinyasa and Ashtanga. My life works better when I'm doing yoga. It brings strength and flexibility into all areas of my life. I am slowly bringing myself back to the mat. I'm also very interested in Ayruvedic health and medicine.
- I have OCD and am happily medicated. I'd love to be talk to others that have OCD and be part of a supportive community that understands the struggles and triumphs of living with OCD. I would like to talk to people who have had exercise compulsions. (also had eating disorders in the past, mainly exercise bulimia). I am on my journey the right way. No compulsive exercising, no starvation...trust me! If anyone out there is interested in hearing my personal tips, tricks and tools, let me know...I have something I call my OCD Toolbox - where I keep all my "tools" and it is very helpful!
- outdoor adventurers unite! Kayakers! People that love Prijon Kayaks! Hikers! Bikers! and Surfers!
Weight Loss Rewards:
240 pounds: MyChelle product
230 pounds: Polar heart rate monitor/watch
220 pounds: Workout outfit
210 pounds: Tattoo
200 pounds: New exercise membership
190 pounds: New PFG shirt
180 pounds: Massage
170 pounds: New running shoes
160 pounds: $500 for a new wardrobe (from D)
150 pounds: Vacation somewhere tropical!
| current weight: 254.0
Interact with MAYAPAPAYA150
This user doesn't have any public blog entries.
Member Since: 5/29/2011
Fitness Minutes: 10,744
My goals are to be healthy, strong and feel amazing. I'm giving myself a year to lose 80 pounds and I'm doing it pound by pound, step by step, one healthy choice at a time. I want to restart my daily yoga practice and bring flexibility into my life. My goal is to look smokin' hot the next time I'm on the beach in Jamaica, where I took my 'before' picture. (I told my friend to cut me off at the chest because I didn't want my body in the picture...).
So...the long term goal is to lose 80 pounds this year.
My medium term goals are to celebrate my successes no matter how small, make yoga a habit, and be able to run 5 miles by my half way mark.
My short term goals are to make one healthy choice at a time, log my food and fitness, use SP!, go to the gym at least 25 times a month, drink more water and to really focus on the positive, the successes, the healthy choices, the accomplishments..etc. no matter how small.
Baby steps are going to be what gets me to where I want to be.
- Going to the gym 4-6 times per week. Doing 30-45 minutes of cardio. Doing strength training.
- Going for a walk everyday. The walks are usually between 30-60 minutes.
- Swimming (total body workout!) for an hour or more
- Measuring portions and choosing healthy food options
- Eating more protein
- Very slowly getting back into a yoga practice
I am Spanish and Portuguese, I work on a family owned farm on Nantucket Island, I have a puppy named Taj and I'm totally in love with her, I love jellyfish, I'm learning to save money and am actively working on financial issues (thanks SparkSavings!), I try to be perfect and it is exhausting and counterproductive, I'm from a family that is the only family in the world that has the recipe for Yogalagosta, I love my dog (did I already say that?), I love aloe plants, I go to therapy every week to work on making myself the best Papaya I can be, I love painting my nails and do it every week - even though it only takes 5 second as work to ruin them! The fun part is painting them anyway. I used to bellydance, green is my favorite color.
I love my family.
I have been a landscaper for the last 4 years. This year i worked on a farm in the Garden Center and I TOTALLY love my job! I love being outside, i love organic gardening/landscaping, and I love container planting.
I'm an artist. I like to say I'm a gardener by profession and an artist by passion. But really, the way I garden is totally artistic and creative! I have a lot of mediums. I'm just artistic and creative. Very crafty. I make homemade natural soap and bath/body products, I make jewelry, I paint, I make cards, I do metal stamping, handpainted custom pottery...lots of stuff!
I grew up eating very healthy...lots of natural, organic and homemade foods. I loved eating that way. I'm working on getting back to eating as I did as a youngin'.