MAMMAMICHELLE is a SparkPeople Motivator!
"This is the time. This is the place. I am the person."
On 25 January 2009 I was given the best gift from this journey so far ... being nominated by my friends as a Motivational Member ... thank you SparkPeople family, you inspire ME to keep sparkin'!
DISCLAIMER: These pictures are NOT me! The sentiment of my profile image is totally similar to my personality but again ... not me! I am a tiny 5'1" and not nearly as "luscious" as my profile leads you to believe ... too many people are labouring under the assumption that this is me ... EGADS! NOT!!!!
I think it is important to keep in time with my other sparkpeople friends'! That btw, has been one of the best things that has come out of SparkPeople, I LOVE MEETING NEW PEOPLE!!! My business is pretty crazy however, so all my Spark friends... I still love you but bear with me while I stabilize my life and try to make time for everything!
Who I Am:
I am a 44 year old wife, mother and small business owner. I was a successful WW graduate, losing 36 pounds two years ago. Slowly, through laziness and losing sight of the lifestyle changes I so painstakingly implemented two years ago, I have noticed ten MISERABLE pounds of excess 'life'. I know I can lose these, I've done it before.
SLOW AND STEADY wins the race!
Recipe for Success!(Shamelessly stolen from a CT Member, thanks PDRAKE!)
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God (or a friend) about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, Issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
'In five years, will this really matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
20. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!
21. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
22. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished_________.
23. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
24. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
Learn from others, because SPARKPEOPLE seem to know what this is all about!!! Remember, the journey is as important as the destination!
"Wheresover you go, go with all your heart" - Confuscious
Drink 108 oz water a day
Complete one month of calorie cycling!
The journey is as important as the destination!
An at home exerciser ... I am a confirmed dvd junkie.
I will walk for 45 minutes along the dam close to my home and enjoy the spring. Stick to real foods, limit processed and sodium.
I am a proud Canadian with American roots (my mom!). I am married with two children aged 15 and 13. They are very active, playing sports and social butterflies. I love to cook, read, golf! Unfortunately, these activities can cause weight gain (again, I love to cook!).
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.