16 pounds lost
On my Wedding Day 9/28/08- about 165 lbs
At about 150 pounds in graduate school.
| current weight: 179.2
Amy- I want to encourage you this morning to keep the faith! My dh says he is going to buy me a mustard seed as a reminder since God says we only need faith the size of a mustard seed to make a mountain move! I have come to realize that our land of just enough has had some very positive benefits.
1) My dh is on his knees more and drawing closer and closer to God, as well as I am. WE are both getting really, really focused on God and His plan for out lives and our need for HIM. God is really growing us as HIS people. This alone is worth the "suffering".
2) Our older children (and parents!) have seen God provide for us when we had no idea what we were going to do. God ALWAYS provides just in the perfect timing! (even if I think He is going to be late!)
3) We are far more creative with how to get by on what we have.
4) We use everything, no wasting here or we do without. (including no throw away ANY leftovers.. everything is saved as we may need it! I am trying to change the "look" of it so they don't recognize it so much but sometimes we just have to eat leftovers.. this is what we have and be thankful for any food! Some people/children don't..)
5) We view simple things like a warm house, and full tummies with pleasure.. phones, tv, costumes, new clothes and such as a gift rather than a necessity.
We lived this way BEFORE the real lacking of $, but now we are really, really LIVING tightly, if you know what I mean. Can you hear us squeaking over here?
Anyway, I will pray for your family and especially your hubby. Try not to let the stress wear on you both; as $ issues can make or break marriages with the stress- remember you are a team.. when one is down, the other must be up. oh oh.. why have I not been using my blessings basket????.. grrrrr....
A blessings baskets is each day, you take slips of paper and write down 3 things (or more) you are blessed with that day. It could be a beautiful sunset, a found dollar, fresh flowers from beside a walking trail.. whatever... then at a designated time, you dump the basket and re-read all the blessings, like Thanksgiving or Christmas or even just every Sunday. You can re-read them then add them back to the basket and add too for the next "blessings session". The whole family can do it. It really helps focus on the small blessings in our lives that we often forget when we are living in the land of just enough or even the land of what seems like we are lacking!
Anyway, sorry this is a book. I hope you were encouraged some. It is just this morning that the came on for me - that our land of just enough has has some really positive benefits to us in our developments towards God so I thought I would share. I hope you don't mind but I think that I will post some of this on my blog since it has been awhile since I talked about the blessings basket. Then I am off to find a pretty container for blessing basket to put in the middle of our dining room table!
2050 days ago
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog last week (sorry it's taken me a while to catch up! End of fiscal year madness going on over here!). I truly appreciate the support and encouragement! :)
2069 days ago
Congrats on your cutie! I loved wearing each of mine and had to buy a new sling with each one because the one before was worn out. LOL My 11ds's was so worn out the material tore when he was about 4, to which he tried to sew it for me. ha ha. I wore him the 1st 6mon non-stop as he was a mover and shaker.. then it got drastically less from then on because we walked at 9 months.. oy!
Everyone always ask how I manage 5 and I smile and think, "I have no idea.. only with God, I guess" LOL Thank goodness God gives us what we need to overcome and adjust to every situation. That is exciting to hear you are PLANNING that many! That is awsome! God has planned ours. Is your baby's name Faith? I hope you have a wonderful day! I am off to blog before my crew gets up and running.
2084 days ago
I love your profile photo. I saw it on a board and knew I just had to come here to leave a note. I am momma to 5, all of which I "wore".. baby #5 is 5 months old. Have a great day!
2085 days ago
Thanks for the add-back :) I love your babywearing default picture. We just got a bike seat for our 13 month old, and I usually run on the treadmill while he naps. I miss racquetball and other solo activities I used to do, but we have to work with motherhood instead of against it, am I right?! :)
2087 days ago