Me and my girls - July 2008 - 1/2 way there!
Before photo - 2007
After weighing in for the first time in a very long time, I decided it was time for a change!
I've started exercising and taking lessons from my girls on how to eat - don't hide your food and inhale it when no one's around; - stop eating when you've eaten enough and feel done (a big fan of Paul McKenna since, oh, April 11, 2008 :).
04/11 - 208lbs
04/21 - 198
04/28 - 196
05/05 - 195
05/12 - 193 - woohoo! down 15 lbs!
05/19 - 192 - (I squinted and really... )
05/26 - 190 - BUT, next week will be with a new scale
Adjustment due to new scale, everything up 4.5 lbs
04/11 - 212.5lbs
04/21 - 202.5
04/28 - 200.5
05/05 - 199.5
05/12 - 197.5
05/19 - 196.5
05/26 - 194.5
06/02 - 191!!!!!
06/09 - 189.8 - woohoo! out of the 190's :)
06/16 - 188
06/23 - 185.6
06/30 - 183.8
07/07 - 183.8 ( ah, that TOTM)
07/14 - 182.4
07/21 - 180.6
07/28 - 177.8
08/04 - 177.8
08/11 - 175
08/18 - 173.4
08/25 - 172.6
09/01 - 170.8
09/08 - whoops!
09/15 - 169.6
09/22 - 168.2
09/29 - losing much slower now! but that's ok :)
10/06 - 167.8
10/13 - 168.6
10/20 - 167.2
10/27 - 166.8
11/03 - 166.4
11/10 - 165.8
11/17 - 164!!!
11/25 - 164.2
12/01 - 163.4
12/08 - 163.0
12/15 - 161.4 (ah hah! those other pants weigh .8lbs more! lol...)
12/22 - 160.6
12/29 - 162.2 (hmmmm.... mmmm...)
2009!!! and a plateau...
01/05 - 158.6
01/12 - 160.8
01/19 - 160.0
01/26 - 160.2
02/02 - 160.8
02/09 - 159.2
02/16 - 159.8
02/23 - 159.6
03/02 - 158.2
03/09 - 160.0
03/16 - 160.9
03/23 - 160
03/30 - 158.2
04/06 - 160
04/13 - 159.2
04/20 - 158.2
04/27 - 159.8
05/04 - 160.2
05/11 - 158.2
05/18 - 157.8
05/25 - 156.6
06/01 - 156.2
06/08 - 153.4
06/15 - 154.4
06/23 - 154.8
06/29 - 151.8
I just wanted to share an excerpt from a forum post on mckenna.com on the topic of Am I Hungry/Full? this is part of Shannon/hedgewitch_13's reply:
1) You start to think about food suddenly. An example of this is being caught up in an important project at work where your mind is completely absorbed and then all the sudden, as if out of nowhere food enters your thoughts. At this point, I often ask myself if I am hungry. My internal response is usually,"almost, but not quite yet". This is the earliest sign of hunger I experience. When this happens I know that within 10-15 min. I'm going to be ready to eat.
2) You begin to salivate. This is one of those physiological signals. Digestion begins in the mouth. When the body is getting prepared to digest a meal because hunger is on the way, the salivary glands start to produce more saliva. It's subtle, but with awareness, you can catch it. Your mouth will begin to water ever so slightly.
3) There is then a progression to a sense of emptiness in the stomach area. This sensation comes before hunger pangs. It's a subtle feeling that your fuel is low.
4) This may sound strange, but I get this cue everytime. I first feel what I can only describe as a faint hunger pang at the back of my throat.
5) This then progresses to hunger pangs in the stomach. This is when I choose to eat; when my hunger is established.
Now, if you have been numbed out to your body's signals for a long time you indeed may miss these cues. Don't worry. Your signals will become stronger in time and you will grow more aware of them. In this case, I am going to give you some signs that you have gone beyond your hunger signal and are starting to pass into famished territory. These are other hunger cues for when you've gone too long without eating:
1) You become extremely irritable. Think of how a baby gets when they're hungry...downright fussy.
2) A headache or neck tension is also a good cue that you've gone too long without eating.
3) Feeling jittery or faint like you do after one too many espressos.
1) The food stops tasting as good as it did when you first started eating it. Almost like you are getting bored of the flavor.
2) Even with eating conciously at a leisurely pace, your bites slow down even further. You may find yourself engaging in more conversation or be otherwise somewhat distracted from the food.
3)There is a warm, satisfied sensation at the top of the stomach in the solar plexus.
4)Often you will let out a sigh or a burp.
5) I have a thought, "One, maybe two more bites". It never fails. One or two more bites and I'm done.
6)I notice that I unconciously push my plate away from me.
7) My tummy feels warm and cozy...satisfied. I call it, 'happy tummy'.
- fit into size ? (bought some size 9's today!)
- feel stronger
- ride a bicycle comfortably
- no more heartburn at night! - getting there... it's way less now :)
- following Paul McKenna's 4 Golden Rules:
1. When you are hungry, EAT.
2. Eat what you want, NOT what you think you 'should.'
3. Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful.
4. When you think you are full, STOP eating.
- exercising regularly
I live in the Stratford area, Ontario, Canada.
I'm a website programmer, working from home.
I also love to sew, done a bit of quilting, have a huge stash of cotton fabric and cross stitch supplies.
I also read murder mysteries endlessly.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 149.0