never give up, never surrender!
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. let's get into the habit!
up and down, up and down... when will the insanity stop!
count calories daily
Pastor's wife, mom, artist, living in So. Cal.
get up, get out, get going! Move it while you can!
The Time is NOW, there will be no better time.
Secrets of Success
| Pounds lost: 26.0
Hi there, It has been awhile, Just stopping in to say hi and I am moving forward once again. I hope you are doing so as well!
"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do." Eleanor Roosevelt
62 days ago
Happy Saturday! Doing pretty good here. I want to focus more on exercise and nutrition. Seems the summer has flown by. I found a baby opossum I hope to release Sunday. I went to church last week and a opossum was in the rode, ran over I guess. I straddled it in my car went on to church. On the way home 2 1/2 hr later as I passed it I saw the baby going under the momma. I backed up and pulled it by the tail put it in a small trash can to home.They are very loving babies. I called for help but no one would help me with it. They like fruit, have fifty teeth, eat LOADS of ticks and snake bites don't kill them. They rarely get rabies. If you have time look the Opossum up. They are a very interesting smart creature. Be Blessed sandy
124 days ago
Fire up those Sneakers and Fall in Love with Walking and You Can Walk Your Way to a Healthier, Slimmer You!!
138 days ago
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
148 days ago
I hope that you have a good week!
149 days ago