December 2009 - 13 pounds later, 5 haircuts later, same sweater
February 2009 - still waiting for motivation to get in shape.
I want YOU to get healthy and stay that way!! Go veggie!!
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
May 3, 2013: This is the year I turn sixty, and I'm doing it on my terms. I just met my weight goal this week - lost 9 pounds in three months, thanks to SparkPeople! - and now I'm ready for maintenance, for the rest of my life!
I'm going to shift my focus from almost exclusively cardio/fat-burning exercise, to a combination of cardio and strength training. I want to build my body strength with weight-resistant exercise, with the bonus of combating osteoporosis at the same time. My hope is that I'll lose an inch or two in my waist while I'm at it...
I have seen my 84-year-old mother struggle with simple acts like getting in and out of the car because she has no body strength. I will do what I can to assure I'm not in that same position as I age.
My Long-term Goal: getting lean and fit, and then staying that way! I will do this by a lifetime of
1. controlling portions, to prevent future weight gain
2. continuing in a fitness regime -- no matter what the season!
1. I will be faithful in filling in my Spark People food dairy every day, and restrict my caloric intake to the recommended amount
2. I will walk for 15 minutes @ 17 min/mile, every single day
3. I will find time to walk (or do other cardio activities) an additional 105 minutes each week, for a total of 180 minutes of cardio per week and a total of 600 calories burned per week.
4. I will continue on a strength training regime to build muscle. For each weekday (M-F) I do my strength exercises , I will set aside $5 for THE BEATLES REMASTERED CD BOX SET being released 9-9-09!!!
5. By the end of September 2009, I will have a plan for cardio exercise during cold weather.
I was a skinny person most of my life, so I don't have issues with food. What I do have is a middle-aged body that just LOVES to gain weight now. I used to be able to eat anything with impunity; now, I am having to learn how much I can eat and not gain.
I am a pescetarian (I eat fish and seafood, but not meat - no beef, no pork, no chicken.)
I'm married to a musician, and have 1 grown son from a previous marriage. I'm a former classical violinist (tendonitis did me in...) but I have a rock n' roll heart. The Beatles are my idols, particularly Paul McCartney. I'm an anglophile, and can't wait until my next trip to the UK. I love gardening, photography, beading and jewelry-making, crocheting, and making art out of castoff "stuff."
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 123.4
Thank you so much for adding me as a friend! I see we have some interests (as well as friends) in common! What a nice surprise! I can see you share my love of working out!
edited because I meant to add my love for THE Beatles! as well!
2498 days ago
Comment edited on: 9/23/2009 10:15:27 PM
I listened to the new Beatles music on the radio yesterday. They were playing it all day. It sounds wonderful.
I love your new page.
2511 days ago
THANKS for adding me as a friend. I see we have some buddies in common, so I'll return the favor.
2533 days ago
Thanks Linda for stopping by my SparkPage and for the friend add. I wish you all the best on your own journey to a healthier you!
2558 days ago
Hi! Thanks for your comment on my photo progrress. You look fabulous! I want to be you when I grow up!
BTW... if you want Michelle Obama arms... come check out the 100 pushup challenge... it's killer, it seems impossible, but it's actually realistic and doable, and it really results in some awesome arms and shoulders.
2559 days ago
Comment edited on: 7/25/2009 1:58:24 AM