Virtual Me at 215 pounds, watch me shrink!
Virtual Me at 180 pounds, I'm getting there!
Virtual Me at 140 pounds, this is my goal!
I have 3 pics in my gallery
Welcome to My SparkPage!
I'm 53 and have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. I've tried every fad diet and gimmick out there and I am here to tell you unequivocally that they don't work! You know what works? Eating smaller portions, eating fruit and vegetables and whole grains, cutting down on the fat and exercising. Exactly what they tell you here on Spark People. There is no magic pill, no magic machine, no magic anything. Eating less and exercising more is the only way. It's not easy and sometimes ...
I'm 53 and have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. I've tried every fad diet and gimmick out there and I am here to tell you unequivocally that they don't work! You know what works? Eating smaller portions, eating fruit and vegetables and whole grains, cutting down on the fat and exercising. Exactly what they tell you here on Spark People. There is no magic pill, no magic machine, no magic anything. Eating less and exercising more is the only way. It's not easy and sometimes it's not fun but YOU CAN DO IT! Believe me, if I can do it so can you! Changing a lifetime of bad habits is hard but you have so many resources right here at your finger tips. So use this site, talk on the boards, ask for help, look for your inspiration and motivation and JUST DO IT!
Words of wisdom from ZEN_WOMAN on her 1 year Spark Anniversary
1. Losing weight is hard!
2. Being Fat is Harder!
3. I rather be Fit and Healthy than Fat and unhappy.
4. Giving up is not a good option.
5. Set backs are inevitable.
6. Overcoming Set backs can make your stronger (if it doesn't kill you j/k)
7. Stay in the game long enough and eventually you will hit a plateau.
8. Pushing harder doesn't always yield the best results.
9. Listen to your body and take a break when you need to.
10. Reach out to at least one person everyday on the Spark. (friends or strangers doesn't matter)
It helps and keeps me accountable.
Thanks ZEN_WOMAN for the inspiration!
The Ten Commandments of Permanent Fat Removal by CAROL_
1. Thou shalt honor and believe in thyself.
2. Thou shalt move thy booty. Move it & move it some more.
3. Thou shalt never go hungry again. Eat small meals and healthy snacks throughout the day.
4. Thou shalt stock the fridge with the right stuff - the fruits and vegetables of the earth, the melba toast of men who walked before us.
5. Thou shalt honestly write it down. If you bite it, you must write it.
6. Thou shalt weigh and measure thy food.
7. Thou shalt drink enough Holy Water to frighten Noah and map out all the restrooms in thy village.
8. Thou shalt not deny thyself a treat or two now and then.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's plate.
10. Thou shalt not eat out of misery, boredom, anxiety ... but should thee over-indulge, forgive thyself immediately and move on.
Too funny Carol_. Thanks for the laughs!
This user doesn't belong to any groups
| current weight: 178.5
Member Since: 5/2/2009
Fitness Minutes: 2,559
1) Make healthy food choices every day.
2) Exercise for at least 10 minutes every day.
3) Reach my goal weight of 140 lbs. by July of 2010.
190 lbs - ACHIEVED JANUARY 11TH WOO-HOO!
185 lbs - ACHIEVED
180 lbs by the end of February - ACHIEVED MARCH 15th!
175 lbs by the end of March
190 lbs = new hair do DONE!
185 lbs = manicure
180 lbs = pedicure
175 lbs = some new spring clothes!
Nutrition - keep my calories between 1200-1550 each day.
Fitness - Walking 3 times/week; Qi Gong workout DVD's 3 times/week.
I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada with my soul mate & BF (aka my hubby) and our two furry "kids" (aka dogs) on a small acreage in the country.
My DH :O)
My puppies :O)
Hockey (Go Canuck's Go!)