I am the happiest with flip flops on my feet!
Hubby and me ~ May 2013
LAURIE5658 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
~*~Half Fanatic #1047~*~
~*~Marathon Maniac #5858~*~
~*~Double Agent #317~*~
Long Distance Racing:
1) Quad Cities HM ~ Moline, IL ~ Sept. 26, 2010 (DONE)
2) Disney Princess HM ~ WDW ~ Feb. 27 (DONE)
3) Just A Short Run HM ~ Pittsburgh ~ March 26 (DONE)
4) Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (local) ~ May 8 (DONE)
5) Madison Mini Marathon ~ Madison, WI ~ Aug. 20 (DONE)
6) NewBo Fest HM ~ Cedar Rapids, IA ~ Sept. 4 ~ (DONE)
7) Air Force Marathon (HM) ~ Dayton, OH ~ Sept. 17 (DONE)
8) Quad Cities HM ~ Moline, IL ~ Sept. 25, 2011 (DONE)
9) IMT Des Moines Marathon (HM for me) ~ Oct. 16 (DONE)
10) Haunted Hustle HM ~ Middleton, WI ~ Oct. 29 (DONE)
11) Aurora HM ~ Aurora, IL ~ Nov. 6 (DONE)
12) Space Coast HM ~ Cocoa, FL ~ Nov. 27 (DONE)
13) Disney Princess HM ~ WDW ~ Feb. 26 (DONE)
14) Lincoln Presidential HM ~ Springfield, IL ~ April 7, 2012 (DONE)
15) Wisconsin Half Marathon ~ Kenosha, WI ~ May 5, 2012 (DONE)
16) Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (local) ~ May 13, 2012 (DONE)
17) Marion Arts Festival HM (Marion, IA) ~ may 19, 2012 (DONE)
18) Rockford (IL) HM ~ May 20, 2012 (DONE)
19) Galesburg HM Express (Galesburg, IL) ~ June 3, 2012 (DONE)
20) Madison Mini Marathon ~ Madison, WI ~August 18, 2012 (DONE)
21) Air Force Marathon ~ Dayton, OH ~ September 15, 2012 (DONE)
22) Quad Cities Marathon (HM) ~ Moline, IL ~ Sept 23, 2012 (DONE)
23) IMT Des Moines HM ~ October 21, 2012 (DONE)
24) Disney Wine & Dine HM ~ Disney World ~ Nov 10, 2012 (DONE)
25) Disney World HM ~ January 12, 2013 (DONE)
26) Disney World Marathon (Goofy) ~ Jan 13, 2013 (DONE!!)
Races to date:
8/09 Eager Beaver Fun Run (36:32)
9/09 Run for Viva 5K (35:58)
10/09 Des Moines Race for the Cure 5K (in memory of Mom)
12/09 Reindeer Ramble 5K (35:26)
2/2010 Give Your Hearts to Kids 5K (33:23)
3/2010 Young Life5k (34:09)
6/26/2010 Adoption Option 5K (32:26 PR)
7/24/2010 The Bix 7 (1:25:44)
8/28/2010 Eager Beaver Fun Run (30:25.13)
9/26/2010 Quad Cities Half Marathon (2:33:45)
2/27/2011 Disney Princess Half Marathon (2:52:19)
3/26/2011 Just A Short Run HM (2:41:05)
5/8/2011 Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (2:29:59 PR)
6/4/2011 June Bug Jog 5k (33:58)
6/25/2011 Adoption Option 5K (32:38)
8/20/2011 Madison Mini HM (2:37:41)
8/27/2011 Eager Beaver Fun Run (31:17)
9/4/2011 NewBo HM (2:48)
9/17/2011 Air Force HM (2:44:51)
9/25/2011 Quad Cities HM (2:52:13)
10/16/2011 Des Moines HM (2:37:59)
10/23/2011 Pumpkin Dash 8K (1:13:54)
10/25/2011 Haunted Hustle HM (2:50:11)
11/6/2011 Aurora (IL) HM (2:35:44)
11/27/2011 Space Coast HM (2:45:44)
2/25/2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon (2:59:19)
4/7/2012 Lincoln Presidential HM (2:44:45)
5/5/2012 Wisconsin Marathon (HM) (2:45:45)
5/13/2012 Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (2:42:24)
5/19/2012 Marion Arts Festival HM (2:55:43)
5/20/2012 Rockford Marathon (HM) (2:57:22) HOT!
6/2/2012 June Bug Jog 5k (32:16)
6/3/2012 Galesburg (IL) HM Express (2:58:12)
I started my Spark journey April 24, 2007 and successfully lost the weight, but was unable to maintain. After gaining the weight and then some plus leading a sedentary lifestyle with a desk job, I was placed on high blood pressure, high cholesterol and anxiety medications. That was my wakeup call at age 51. I made the decision to come back to SparkPeople in order to completely revamp my lifestyle.
Since May 17, 2009 I have reached my original goal weight, started running which is my new passion and eating cleaner than I ever have before. I feel on top of the world! I am not only on cholesterol meds as my doctor determined that this is a hereditary situation in my case.
For any fellow Sparkers that are visiting my Spark Page, my wish for you is that YOU find the success I have found Sparking. I also wish for you happiness with your life and the feeling of accomplishment that I have been blessed with. SparkPeople has truly changed my life and I will forever be grateful for finding this awesome website.
I reached my original goal weight of 132 lbs. December 3, 2009 using SparkPeople and its wonderful food and fitness tracker. I will now start to concentrate on losing fat and adding muscle through cardio (running) and ST.
Running and Strength Training w/ emphasis on core, hips and any muscle that will make me a healthy runner!
I am 56 years young and an empty-nester along with my wonderful husband of 36 years. We have a married daughter Julie and son Matt, son in law Brian and daughter in law Emily along with our granddaughter Addison and grandsons Evan, Hayden and Nolan. We have a kitty and dog that rule our brand new house. We made a move from Iowa to Illinois, but I will forever be an Iowa girl. Go Hawkeyes!
My SparkPage is pink in honor of Breast Cancer Survivors and in memory of Mom who fought hard with the Beast.
Secrets of Success