I am the happiest with flip flops on my feet!
Hubby and me ~ May 2013
Shared Fitness Tracker
LAURIE5658 is a SparkPeople Motivator!
~*~Half Fanatic #1047~*~
~*~Marathon Maniac #5858~*~
~*~Double Agent #317~*~
Long Distance Racing:
1) Quad Cities HM ~ Moline, IL ~ Sept. 26, 2010 (DONE)
2) Disney Princess HM ~ WDW ~ Feb. 27 (DONE)
3) Just A Short Run HM ~ Pittsburgh ~ March 26 (DONE)
4) Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (local) ~ May 8 (DONE)
5) Madison Mini Marathon ~ Madison, WI ~ Aug. 20 (DONE)
6) NewBo Fest HM ~ Cedar Rapids, IA ~ Sept. 4 ~ (DONE)
7) Air Force Marathon (HM) ~ Dayton, OH ~ Sept. 17 (DONE)
8) Quad Cities HM ~ Moline, IL ~ Sept. 25, 2011 (DONE)
9) IMT Des Moines Marathon (HM for me) ~ Oct. 16 (DONE)
10) Haunted Hustle HM ~ Middleton, WI ~ Oct. 29 (DONE)
11) Aurora HM ~ Aurora, IL ~ Nov. 6 (DONE)
12) Space Coast HM ~ Cocoa, FL ~ Nov. 27 (DONE)
13) Disney Princess HM ~ WDW ~ Feb. 26 (DONE)
14) Lincoln Presidential HM ~ Springfield, IL ~ April 7, 2012 (DONE)
15) Wisconsin Half Marathon ~ Kenosha, WI ~ May 5, 2012 (DONE)
16) Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (local) ~ May 13, 2012 (DONE)
17) Marion Arts Festival HM (Marion, IA) ~ may 19, 2012 (DONE)
18) Rockford (IL) HM ~ May 20, 2012 (DONE)
19) Galesburg HM Express (Galesburg, IL) ~ June 3, 2012 (DONE)
20) Madison Mini Marathon ~ Madison, WI ~August 18, 2012 (DONE)
21) Air Force Marathon ~ Dayton, OH ~ September 15, 2012 (DONE)
22) Quad Cities Marathon (HM) ~ Moline, IL ~ Sept 23, 2012 (DONE)
23) IMT Des Moines HM ~ October 21, 2012 (DONE)
24) Disney Wine & Dine HM ~ Disney World ~ Nov 10, 2012 (DONE)
25) Disney World HM ~ January 12, 2013 (DONE)
26) Disney World Marathon (Goofy) ~ Jan 13, 2013 (DONE!!)
Races to date:
8/09 Eager Beaver Fun Run (36:32)
9/09 Run for Viva 5K (35:58)
10/09 Des Moines Race for the Cure 5K (in memory of Mom)
12/09 Reindeer Ramble 5K (35:26)
2/2010 Give Your Hearts to Kids 5K (33:23)
3/2010 Young Life5k (34:09)
6/26/2010 Adoption Option 5K (32:26 PR)
7/24/2010 The Bix 7 (1:25:44)
8/28/2010 Eager Beaver Fun Run (30:25.13)
9/26/2010 Quad Cities Half Marathon (2:33:45)
2/27/2011 Disney Princess Half Marathon (2:52:19)
3/26/2011 Just A Short Run HM (2:41:05)
5/8/2011 Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (2:29:59 PR)
6/4/2011 June Bug Jog 5k (33:58)
6/25/2011 Adoption Option 5K (32:38)
8/20/2011 Madison Mini HM (2:37:41)
8/27/2011 Eager Beaver Fun Run (31:17)
9/4/2011 NewBo HM (2:48)
9/17/2011 Air Force HM (2:44:51)
9/25/2011 Quad Cities HM (2:52:13)
10/16/2011 Des Moines HM (2:37:59)
10/23/2011 Pumpkin Dash 8K (1:13:54)
10/25/2011 Haunted Hustle HM (2:50:11)
11/6/2011 Aurora (IL) HM (2:35:44)
11/27/2011 Space Coast HM (2:45:44)
2/25/2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon (2:59:19)
4/7/2012 Lincoln Presidential HM (2:44:45)
5/5/2012 Wisconsin Marathon (HM) (2:45:45)
5/13/2012 Quad Cities Distance Classic HM (2:42:24)
5/19/2012 Marion Arts Festival HM (2:55:43)
5/20/2012 Rockford Marathon (HM) (2:57:22) HOT!
6/2/2012 June Bug Jog 5k (32:16)
6/3/2012 Galesburg (IL) HM Express (2:58:12)
I started my Spark journey April 24, 2007 and successfully lost the weight, but was unable to maintain. After gaining the weight and then some plus leading a sedentary lifestyle with a desk job, I was placed on high blood pressure, high cholesterol and anxiety medications. That was my wakeup call at age 51. I made the decision to come back to SparkPeople in order to completely revamp my lifestyle.
Since May 17, 2009 I have reached my original goal weight, started running which is my new passion and eating cleaner than I ever have before. I feel on top of the world! I am not only on cholesterol meds as my doctor determined that this is a hereditary situation in my case.
For any fellow Sparkers that are visiting my Spark Page, my wish for you is that YOU find the success I have found Sparking. I also wish for you happiness with your life and the feeling of accomplishment that I have been blessed with. SparkPeople has truly changed my life and I will forever be grateful for finding this awesome website.
I reached my original goal weight of 132 lbs. December 3, 2009 using SparkPeople and its wonderful food and fitness tracker. I will now start to concentrate on losing fat and adding muscle through cardio (running) and ST.
Running and Strength Training w/ emphasis on core, hips and any muscle that will make me a healthy runner!
I am 56 years young and an empty-nester along with my wonderful husband of 36 years. We have a married daughter Julie and son Matt, son in law Brian and daughter in law Emily along with our granddaughter Addison and grandsons Evan, Hayden and Nolan. We have a kitty and dog that rule our brand new house. We made a move from Iowa to Illinois, but I will forever be an Iowa girl. Go Hawkeyes!
My SparkPage is pink in honor of Breast Cancer Survivors and in memory of Mom who fought hard with the Beast.
| current weight: 135.0