My family at my son's wedding in Hawaii, 6/23/2016
My Family After The Wedding 8/8/09
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I've been out of work for quite a while and gained back all the weight I lost before plus 10 pounds or so. At first I think I was a bit depressed and ate to stuff the emotions. I didn't track my eating, and I started sitting a lot at home (next to my husband, who works from home and sits a lot as well) and not exercising even though I have lots of time to exercise. All of those behaviors became habits, and I'm still doing them. Most of my clothes don't fit, and the ones that do don't fit well. I've just been having trouble getting back on track. I feel ashamed that I let myself backslide so far, so I've been reading articles and tracking my exercise (when I do it) on SP but not participating in any of my SparkTeams and not blogging. I'm not 100% back yet, but I thought my SparkPage needed updating, especially to fit in the new format better.
Here are some of my reasons for wanting to lose weight:
1. I want to fit into seats better -- at movie theaters, on airplanes, at amusement parks...
2. I hate shopping in the "Plus" size sections of the store. The selection there is usually terrible.
3. I do not want my knee pains and occasional back pains to turn into something more serious.
4. I'd like to have more energy.
5. I want my clothes to fit again.
6. I want to feel better about myself.
Some quotes that inspire me:
The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel. - Steven Furtick
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-- George Bernard Shaw
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
-- Maria Robinson
Finish each day
And be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and
Absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
If what you are doing is worth doing, hang in there until it is done.
-- Nido Qubein
FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real
- Hill Harper? (Not sure if he got this one from someone else or not.)
TEN THOUGHTS TO LIVE BY:
1. Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. Thou shalt not cross bridges before you come to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
4. Thou shalt face each problem as it comes; you can only handle one at a time anyway.
5. Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. Thou shalt not borrow other peoples' problems. They can better care for them than you can.
7. Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, for it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now.
8. Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are talking, and some people do know more than you do.
9. Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 90 percent of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action.
10. Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones -- for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one!
-- Author unknown
My previous SparkPage Intro, full of inspiring quotes, can be found in my 5/27/2016 blog entry.
I would like to be a healthy weight and not obese or overweight.
I would like to strengthen my core so that my back and knees do not hurt.
I would like to be physically fit enough to hike down into the Grand Canyon someday ... and back up again (the next day).
I would like to fit in my clothes again.
1. Monitoring my caloric intake, trying to make sure I get enough fiber and calcium each day.
2. Watching the patterns in how my calories are spread over carbs, protein, and fat. I have noticed that I should actually eat more fat and protein and less carbs in general.
3. Making a conscious effort to eat more fruits and vegetables (vegetables in particular because I don't like them as well as I like fruit).
4. Exercising more by taking the stairs, walking to events/locations in the neighborhood that I need to go to, riding the stationary recumbent bike occasionally, working out using EA Sports Active and Wii Fit Plus on the Wii, trying out SparkPeople videos on YouTube and DVD, and participating in challenges (like SP bootcamps).
I live in Southern California and work as a systems engineer. I married an wonderful man on 8/8/2009 and have two sons, ages 25 and 17. My younger son is involved in Boy Scouts and church youth group, and I occasionally volunteer with those groups.
I love looking at the stars and learning about space. I have a goal to get a job supporting astronomy and space exploration.
I like to read fantasy and science fiction, humorous books, and self-improvement books (including diet and health books). I like to watch movies, almost any genre except horror, although I gravitate to comedies, sci-fi, and fantasy. I really want to travel, but wonder if I'll have to wait until the boys grow up to have the time and money. I'd like to see Australia, the Pyramids, England, Italy, France, Spain ... there are so many cool places to go!
Secrets of Success
| current weight: 268.2
You have what you need to succeed. Even as stress swirls around you, there is a place within you that is free of self-doubt and full of strength.
A place of calm and confidence, where purpose and passion come together.
Deep down, you know the truth: You've got what it takes!
37 days ago
Here's your Saturday Smile...."The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can be in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient."
Have a great weekend and get out there and enjoy National Garage Sale Day!!
43 days ago
A Community Service Reminder from The Universe:
Your gifts are innumerable; your depth is incalculable; your presence is unforgettable.
Your touch is healing; your style is appealing; your power is mind reeling.
And you are loved and adored on a moment-to-moment basis, more than you can now comprehend.
Just like we planned,
From tut.com Thoughts become Things
48 days ago
Celebrate all that you are!
It's easy to dwell on what we are not enough of
or too much of,
and to focus on what we haven't got
or what we're just plain not.
But so what if you're not perfect?
NO ONE IS! Really!
And you're something so much better: YOU!
There's no one more special. Have a wonderful week!
48 days ago
It's time you saw the beauty in you. It has always been there, and it always will be, because true beauty isn't something you wear, or something that wears off. It's not something that you can create, or something you can copy or fake. It's something that's a part of you - truly beautiful you!
~from Woman's World Magazine
Have a wonderful week and start August with a smile and lots of motivation!
56 days ago