I first came to Spark wanting to lose weight and feel good about myself. I came and went, losing and gaining, off and on, for a couple of years before I was truly ready to change my life. Actually, my life kind of changed around me and once I stopped fighting it, I realized that I'd been given a tremendous gift. 2010 is the year I rebuild the life I want and become the person I want to be.
1. Eat a predominantly healthy, whole food, vegetarian/vegan diet.
2. Exercise 5 days/week: cardio, strength, flexibility.
3. Family first. Always.
4. Live in the present: meditate, connect, forgive.
1. Primarily vegetarian diet, experimenting with vegan and raw foods for diversity and health benefits.
2. Lunchtime workouts for cardio; morning and evening time for strength and flexibility.
3. Family days with husband and son weekly; "date night" with husband monthly; semi-monthly visits with extended family.
4. Let go of the past, embrace the present, and let the Universe take it from there.
I live in the Tampa Bay area with a wonderful husband and a beautiful son. Together, we are trying to build a healthier, stronger, more connected life.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 135.0
Ahh brilliant!! It briefly occurred to me that I could have kept last week's menu plan about an hour after I'd tossed it.......... but it was only last week, I could recreate it.
So how have you been lately?
2266 days ago
Thank you!!! I'm really excited about it! But it would be way harder without support, so I really + truly appreciate the comment. :) Yay!
2411 days ago
Hey guess what? I took your advice and started a blog. :) handfulofhealth.com Thanks for the motivation, friend!
2416 days ago
Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! I don't know about being a personal trainer, but I always thought it would be fun to teach a class or start a public fitness blog (versus my Spark journal). Organizing my thoughts on screen has always helped me figure out what I'm doing wrong, lol.
2430 days ago
Hahaha, check out my comment below... I really have been thinking about marathons a lot, haven't I? I still have plenty of time, too. I don't turn 30 for another two years. :)
I will definitely let you know if I do the Disney marathon. There's a good chance I will one of these days. My boyfriend and I have been itching to relive our college Disneyworld vacation (it was epic), and if we're going to be there... might as well do a marathon, eh?! lol!
2521 days ago