For anybody interested in participating in a BLC, please go to my page and click the BL Spring Challenge ALL Teams team. You can join the all-teams page and put your name on the list for the Summer challenge! If you'd like to join my team, the Dazzling Diamonds, let me know and I'll get you signed up for our team! There are 10 teams, 24 team members each, and it's a 10 week challenge! Come join in the fun, meet some great people and work toward your goals!!! 16 days ago
Make this a special weekend, for yourself and others. Thank someone for doing something nice Take a walk and enjoy the fresh air Taste a new or different food or drink Treat yourself to something special Throw out/give away something you don't really need/want anymore Try out something new Take time for just yourself Tell yourself how well you are doing with positive things Think of "happy" thoughts Tidy up a space you have put off from doing and Trust your own decisions and your own judgements ***Enjoy your weekend ~~**~~Barb~~**~~ 17 days ago
It's extremely common to hit a plateau at some point during your weight loss journey. Obviously it can be really discouraging when the number on the scale doesn't move. There is good news — We've got some tips to help bust through that plateau and see the number get lower and lower.
1) We need to re-evaluate our caloric needs - as we lose weight, our bodies tend to burn fewer calories at a slower rate, therefore we need to consume fewer calories. You will either need to burn more calories or consume at least 500 less calories per day
2) Getting Back to Basics: Writing down everything we eat in a food journal to make sure we are still on track. Remember portion control is just one key to permanent weight loss.
3) Moving More: Are you still trying to get in those extra movements like you did when you first started losing weight. Once we obtain our weight loss goal, we sometimes slack off on the exercise a bit. And just go to the gym or use our home equipment and forget to park out a little from the grocery store or maybe walk to it if it is close enough.
4) Choosing Fresh Foods over Pre-Packaged: fresh over processed is always best. You know what your putting into your body.
5) Getting in Your Daily Water: Yes that still counts. Make sure you didn't slip back into your old latte' ways and now your adding extra calories by drinking them in. Water is still the best way to go. You can still change things up by adding fresh fruit to the mix.
6) Stress: Stress is always a factor in weight loss and weight gain. It can go either way. So make sure you take some time out for you. Even if it's just a few minutes in the bathroom to relax in the tub. Just lock out the world and do you...You deserve it!