Although satisfying for a short time, junk food and unhealthy eating are not our friends. I know that but after I give in to temptations and cravings, I always find myself asking why but still allow it to happen again and again.
I also know that eating too may foods that are high in fat, sodium and sugar can easily lead to obesity and health problems including diabetes, heart disease, arthritis and their complications. Why would I purposely sign on to any of those medical conditions when I have a chance to try to prevent them right now?
At least I am not giving up but I know I can do a lot better. My goal is to learn to control my eating, make better choices and follow a path to a healthy lifestyle. "'ll start Monday," "I'm just going to finish this bag of candy," and "I already had a piece of cake for lunch but I'm going to have that hot fudge sundae I want after dinner," is not going to get me there.
I've been playing around with my health way too long and it's time to really plan to succeed. Do I want to feel satisfied for a minute or for a lifetime? The choice is mine.
-- Work with exercise, walking and yoga DVDs
-- Increase my walking time
-- Make better choices for meals and snacks
-- Cut way down on my sugar intake and foods high in carbs
-- Not only lose weight but learn to keep it off
-- If my journey gets off track, get right back on and don't look back!
-- A modified Weight Watchers program
-- Stay away from junk food; choose better meals and snacks.
-- Get lots of ideas and support from SparkPeople and my Spark teams.
I am a former teacher and have worked as a trainer for a medical association for many years. I am a "night owl," like to travel, read, collect recipes, listen to music, surf the internet and have an interest in foreign languages. My favorite exercise is walking.
Some favorite quotes:
- "A goal without a plan is just a wish." ~Larry Elder
- "You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you'd rather be." ~Dexter Yager
- "Make "someday" today!"
- "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." ~Robert J Collier
- "You have three choices in life: give up, give in, or give it all you've got."
Love this one. Thanks, INDYGIRL (Beth Donovan).
" Choice by choice is how I've lost my weight. I don't wait until tomorrow any longer. If you get a flat tire, as I
say, you don't go around in a frenzy popping the other three tires. You put on a spare and get back on the
Some humorous quotes:
- "Bigger snacks mean bigger slacks." ~Author Unknown
- "A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise." ~ A. A. Milne (Pooh bear quotes)
- "According to this BMI chart...I am too short." ~ someecards.
- "There should be a calorie refund fo
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| Pounds lost: 10.0