me (L) and my friend laura (R). marathon finishers! around 150LB here.
summer 2011, moving into my old apt in newark. i was probably around 140 here.
dec 2012... i'm santa's favorite.
life happens. time for an update here. i lost 30 lb in the first few years after graduating college, and now that i'm approaching the big 3-0 in the fall, i've put them all back on (and then some). guess what? this is what happens when you stop running for a year and a half, start antidepressants, and eat a ton of junk. sigh.
the end result is that i've put back on all my weight and then some. i reached a high weight of 174 lb on june 23. this is the most i've ever weighed, and quite frankly, i don't want to see that number ever again. i want to feel better about my body, and i want to look good in my clothes again. i'm a certified personal trainer and weight management specialist, and i'm about 2 years away from becoming a registered dietitian. i know what i SHOULD be doing, i just haven't been doing it.
i think the last straw for me was having to venture into plus-size clothing. i know, those of you that have spent years shopping in the land of the + are probably rolling your eyes at me. but i've always consistently been a size 10-12 (even when i was down to 133 lb), just on the edge of the 'regular' sizes. this was never an issue. now i'm realizing that if i don't want to feel gross in the few clothes that do fit for work, i need to get real and get in the right size.
a lot of my struggle is mental. i have a slew of issues - anxiety, bipolar, binge eating disorder... and i'm switching to some new meds that should help with all of these things. hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.
-137LB and 25% body fat
-set new half marathon PR @ air force half in sept
- i track my calories at myfitnesspal
- RUNNING... i ran my first (and hopefully not last!) marathon in oct 2012
- strength training... i love jillian videos, but i have a habit of being too hardcore and injuring myself! so for now, maybe doing them without squats/lunges. i also love the daily burn series.
- core... my abs need major help. i don't have a solid program for this yet, working on it.
- yoga... i'm really bad at this. i fall over a lot. and i'm about as flexible as a 300lb 80 year old man. but it's good for you, mind and body. so i'm trying to do it at least once a week. for now, only yoga videos, because i'm poor.
29 years old. north jersey resident. manhattan commuter. nutrition student. roll tide.
"people can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. you want something? go get it. period." [pursuit of happyness]
| current weight: 156.9