My Dad and I in Alaska where he mines July 25, 2009
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
I know that many people experience the same thing, but unfortunately, I'm back to sparkpeople after a long break and needing to loose about 15 pounds again. This may not seem like alot but when you are only 5'3", those 15 pounds really show. The most frustrating part is that I have a lot of clothes in my closet that don't fit again and I hate it!
It's time to get serious again and I know that tracking my food on sparkpeople will work. So, I'm making a committment starting today, September 12th 2009 to eat betterand stay focused.
I'm leaving a couple of older pictures for inspiration but the first one is a current one!
Last but not least, here is a list of 25 Power Foods that melt away the fat... by Judi Ketteler, Oxygen Magazine
1. Ginger (boosts metabolism)
2. Hot Peppers or sprinkle cayenne pepper (raises your body temperature and energy expenditure; good for immune system)
3. Water (being well hydrated helps burn calories)
4. Coffee (raises your metabolism by 50-75 calories a day)
5. Green Tea (raises metabolism by 3.5% over 24 hours)
6. Fat Free Milk (reduces body fat mass)
7. Lof Fat Yogurt (reduces body fat mass)
8. Carrots (boosts metabolism and helps with satiety)
9. Broth Based Soups (low calorie and filling)
10. Oatmeal (boosts metabolism by keeping insulin steady)
11. Broccoli (overall the best vegetable!)
12. Grapefruit ( boosts metabolism)
13. Chilli with Lean Beef (boosts metabolism; keep you full)
14. Fish (supplies amino acids to maintain muscle mass)
15. Apples (full of water and fiber to keep you full)
16. Maximum Metabolism Trail Mix (1 c. each of oatmeal squares cereal, oat bran cereal, 0 shaped cereal, 2 tbsp. of slivered almonds, 1 c. dried cranberries, 1 c. raisins, 2 tbsp. soy nuts; makes 5 servings: 280 cal, 3 g. fat, 64 g. carbs, 5 g. fiber, 39 g. sugar, and 5 g. protein)
17. Lean Turkey or Chicken (keeps your metabolism active; takes long time to digest)
18. Eggs (high in protein and Vitamin D; pair an egg with #6 or #23)
19. Tofu (full of protein and omega 3 fatty acids)
20. Whole Grain Cereal (choose high fiber kind, at least 3 g. per serving and low in sugar to keep your metabolism going strong)
21. Fat Melting Shake (1 c. frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 1 c. fat free milk, 1 scoop soy protein powder, 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed; Makes 2 servings; 181 calories, 3 g. fat, 27 g. carbs, 5 g. fiber, 17 g. sugar, 14 g. protein)
22. Salad (low cal and filling but watch the dressing!)
23. Cheese and Crackers (high fiber cracker with part skim milk)
24. Whole Grain Bread (toast with a tbsp. of peanut butter and this is a filling breakfast or snack; keeps your metabolism going)
25. Cinnamon (1/2 tsp. a day; keeps insulin levels in check; boosts immunity)
Keep this list handy on your fridge so that you will be more likely to include these foods in your diet, on a regular basis... Enjoy!
My goals are to stay healthy, fit, and slender as well as keep stress under control. I want to provide support to my daughter as we have decided to work on losing some weight together. Once we both reach our goal... a small trip just for the two of us awaits! Being a positive role model for my kids is very important to me.
My goals are to track my food everyday and exercise consistently including weight training and cardio.
My program consists of eating healthier following the Eat Clean Diet concepts and consistent exercise which includes weight training.
Program in a nutshell:
Cardio for speedy metabolism
Strength training for strong muscles so they can burn fat all day and night
Eating Clean - complex carbs with protein at each meal and snack for best grade fuel ( no processed foods or simple carbs)
Portion control for staying within calorie range
I'm originally from Poland and living the American Dream! My two children make me extremeley proud. I'm a 40 year old feeling pretty young but I know I will feel even younger and more confident after reaching my goal.
I was a Vice Principal at a large elementary school for 3 years but now, I'm the Director of Pupil Services for the district. It will be a challenging year but I'm determined to find balance in my life and take care of myself. I know that stress has a huge impact on overall health so I need to keep things in perspective.
I enjoy boating, kyaking, biking, hiking and cross country skiing.
I'm outgoing and social, most of the time.
| current weight: 139.4
Its a boy !!!!! we're having a boy...totally shocked .have no ideas for baby names.any suggestions???
2760 days ago
Thinking of you and the STP today-Jealous really. I was too late signing up to join you.
Wish I was there.
2009 Tour de Blast & STP & Courage Classic
2877 days ago
Hi just popping in to say hello to all the olympia spark members. I am new by 2 weeks and feel the need to get my team motivated. We all belong to several teams I am sure, but knowing that there are people near you who are getting out and active can help. Let me know if you have any ideas for a team goal...
2878 days ago
I did it Tour De Blast 9 hours of grueling uphill (both ways I think :) and some super quick down hill. Gusting winds lead to a few accidents.
I was so excited I tried to sign up for the STP with ya all but it is closed-bummer! I will be doing some rides to Vashon and the Snoqualmie rails to trails 80 miler. It will be GREAT!!
Haven't been on here lately. Training really hard but the scale doesn't budge!!
2892 days ago
Hey lady! I haven't heard from you in a while, but I can see you are still doing great! I haven't really gained, but I've maintained the same weight for a while now. I've upped my exercise and really cracked down on my eating this past week. It is so much easier during the summer than it is during the school year. I am able to cook at home rather than eating out frequently. It is sooooo nice. Anyways -- I'd love to hear from you.
2908 days ago