Oh I'm hot..July 18th 09'
The new Mr. & Mrs. Smith June 29, 09.
Official First Family Photo June 29th 09.
Shared Fitness Tracker
Updated: July 9th 09'
I have been on SparkPeople almost a year now and some things have change so I have decided that my page should reflect that.
What's the same..I have 4 beautiful children. Jazmin 14, Rakim 11, Jamal 10, and little Treyton is 2.
What has changed... a lot. I have lost weight, I am back in school, I am now married (June 29th) and I am living in Saint Louis for the moment.
My weight journey...
All through highschool the scale never budged above 110 and I was pretty happy with that. I met my first husband got married and had children and that were the weight problems began. After my daugther I was stuck at 145 but that didn't bother me so much. After I had Rakim that is when his father went into the military and I started working out to pass the time. While I did not reach 110, I did reach 125 and I personally thought to have 2 children that was great. So anyway once the kids father returned home I quickly got pregant and gained more weight (165) with the third than I gained with the other two. The make matters worse Jamal was colicky and I developed postartum depression and was on antidepressants. Well I got tired of being on anti depressants and decided to change my life. I lost the weight again and became a personal trainer. Things were great until my marriage fell apart. I got divorced and although I didn't renew my certification I was still holding my weight at 130. Well me and Treyton's father fell inlove and had Treyton. The beginning of our relationship was tough since we both were used to being in other relationships (both divorced). This put a lot of stress and strain on me, in addition to having a desk job. So I ate away my cares and my emotions. Then I came accross some old pictures of me and then I came accross Sparkpeople in August of 08 and there another journey began.
What's going to be different this time...
Well for one, I have had my tubal so I will not be having any more children. Although I went through a divorce and such, I held my weight gaining only 5 pounds in like 7 years until I got pregnant with my 4th.
2nd-I have reaffirmed my faith in Christ and it is he how now helps me through my tough times instead of food.
1. I do my Spark exercises first thing evermorning before I even clean the house. (My new motto..me first, because I know that I am definately going to take care of my other responsiblites)
3. After my Spark exercise, I do my Chalean Extreme
4. I take me little out to play on his trike every afternoon.
4. Once my school age children get in we take a walk around the subdivision to take about their day.
5. After dinner we all gather around the television and do the workout video of the day. These days it is 10 Minute Trainer. __________________________________________
What I eat & drink..
1. I love Fiber One products
2. I purchase, grapes, bananas & apples at every grocery trip.
3. I purchased a roatisser from a yard sale for $2.00 and it works like a dream. So I roast a whole chicken with a different rub for flavor every other day.
4. Steamed veggies, I live by these. The microwave ones. Since I hate corn but my kids love it I can even buy individual packages.
5 Unless it's whole grain, I have pretty much turned away from breads.
6. I drink tons of water and I have skim milk with my cereal. I take a multivitamin with oj to help with the absorbtion of the iron.
1. Make everything work in your favor. My new home is within 10 minutes walking to Walgreens, so on nice days if I need something small, I walk to Walgreens.
2. Make time for yourself. If you say I will workout after...(fill in the blank)... you probably will not get to that workout that day.
3. Get your sleep.!
4. Put your workout gear close to your bed. Put a not so flattering picture of yourself close to your bed-trust me that one makes me roll out of bed more often than not.
5. Don't let a few meal mistakes get you down.
6. No matter what JUST KEEP GOING.
*If you don't see pounds, then look for inches**
In addition to reaching my goal weight of 125. My most important personal goal is to finish my BA in Business. Anticpated graduation May 2010.
1. Work out with SparkPeople and do Chalean Extreme every morning.
2. Take afternoon walks.
3. Evening workout videos. 10 Minute Trainer
4. East mostly fruits, veggies and lean meats.
I love to read, at least I used to when I had time. Music is one of my all time favorites, that is the best way to wind down.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 138.4
Happy Saturday. Hope you're weekend is off to a great start.
1157 days ago
Sorry so long getting back to you. I've been away for several months too. Great for you...... getting back to the grind , I hope I can gather the motivation to do the same. Have a wonderful week.
2143 days ago
Hello... How r u doing? So nice of u dropping by, oh gosh my friend I've been away too and I so hate my self for it. I've gained a few pounds and can't seem to get back into my workouts always so buzy with all the kids. I only had 4 kids in the home 19 yrs, 17, 15 and a 4 yr old I got 3 more girls in my home nieces 1 of my eldest sisters lost thru cps these girls are 14, 13, and a 12 yr old but oh gosh its like if I had little ones in the home and like they come fm cps care my calender is just flooded with appts. Then One of my Sons was separated fm his girlfriend and thier baby ended up dead she had custody of the kids but he recently got them thru court and now... I'm babysitting 2 of his girls 3 and 5 yr olds. So imagine how my days are........ :-o so yup it's been hard to workout. I don't even fit in my size 3's anymore. I still have my workouts things so I plan to go bk into dem as soon as I can. Hopefully soon cuz I needa lost these lbs I gained. I am so unhappy wit my self. So how r u doing with ur wt? Hope to hear fm u soon take care. ((hugs))
2183 days ago
Comment edited on: 10/5/2010 8:12:40 PM
Summer 2010 St. Louis Spark People Rally!!!
OK, so how's the MO Botanical Garden on July 17 at 9 a.m. sound? We could meet at the Visitor's Center and walk around for 2 hours-there's a 'Health Fair' going on the same day, too! If you're a resident of St. Louis County or St. Louis City, admission is FREE before noon-otherwise it's $8 for adults...the place opens at 9 a.m., so it wouldn't be quite as hot then, but we could do 10 as well...lots to do/see here & plenty of walking exercise & time to get to know fellow STL 'Sparkers'!!!
2297 days ago
We're down to the last 18 days to Christmas. Are you ready? Do you have a plan to survive the holidays? Nutritionally? Emotionally? Fitness? Now is as good a time as any to get your plan in place.
Me, I am going to keep focusing on one day at a time, getting in my nutrition and fitness for that day. As for emotional survival, I will be sure to take care of me during these stressful couple of weeks. Maybe get a mani/pedi. New hair style? Haven't really decided yet.
2485 days ago