Me after a yoga practice in December in Minnesota!!!
Hubby and me at Christmas Party in 2012
Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Through the years I have been trying to have a normal relationship with food. Sometimes I succeeded, and sometimes I failed. Through the trials and errors, I am still learning and getting to know myself better.
In November, 2011 I ran a third in my age group in a very hilly marathon. I was healthy, fit, happy and confident. But then in the next two years, a demanding full-time job and working on my Ph.D. dissertation worsened my binge eating habit and also made me completely out of shape. In May 2013, I got my Doctorate degree but I could barely ran 3 miles and I also gained 15 pounds. This experience made me realize that I need to make constant efforts to live healthy, fit and happy.
On July 4th, 2013 I finally got THAT "Aha" moment about my relationship with my body. She is MY body, my best friend in this world, the most valuable thing I have in this world! Why shouldn't I take the best care of her? Why should I criticize her and abuse her by binge eating? At that moment, I finally made peace with my body and I told her - "Let's work hard together to be healthy and fit and happy."
My goals are:
1. Live a healthy and happy life with binge free for good;
2. Lose 20 pounds.
1. I want to live the rest of my life with a normal relationship with food. Not let food control over me.
2. On the journey of achieving goal #1, I want to lose 20 pounds as I love how it makes me feel - light, fit, clean, and confident.
1. Actively learn and get inspired from other peoples on SP.
2. Read motivating blogs instead of going for food if I find myself in THAT moment of wanting binge eating.
3. Every week I run 15 miles, strength training 1-2 times, practice yoga 3 times and walk 30 minutes every workday.
This user doesn't belong to any groups
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 142.4