This is from November 2002, when I weighed 200 pounds.
My Family, August 2012 - six of seven children, three of four children-in-law, and eleven grandkids!
This is a truer picture of the real me right now - I'm in the center, holding one of my grandbabies.
Hi! I'm Joni, Mom to seven, Grandma to thirteen, MIL to four!! As you can see, my family is very important to me. Following a difficult year, in which I was involved in an auto accident which ruined my knees, and ending in the dissolution of my twenty-five year marriage, I started putting on the weight. Now I find myself at 230 pounds, and I'm only a little over a year away from fifty!! I have struggled over the last several years, since my divorce and ensuing financial difficulties, with ...
Hi! I'm Joni, Mom to seven, Grandma to thirteen, MIL to four!! As you can see, my family is very important to me. Following a difficult year, in which I was involved in an auto accident which ruined my knees, and ending in the dissolution of my twenty-five year marriage, I started putting on the weight. Now I find myself at 230 pounds, and I'm only a little over a year away from fifty!! I have struggled over the last several years, since my divorce and ensuing financial difficulties, with discouragement and depression. So for myself, I just couldn't find enough motivation to do anything to better my health. But now my youngest, a 15-year-old daughter who has Down's Syndrome, is beginning to have health issues with her excess weight. That is a good enough reason, to me, to jump in and start doing things differently! So together, she and I are changing our eating and exercise habits.
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 214.3
If you or anyone you know are having trouble tracking or are stuck in a plateau, then please read this or share it with your spark friends.
Remember attaining weight loss is possible and permanent weight loss is absolutely doable. If you are will to start changing your life and lifestyle one habit at a time. After all that is how we learned how to talk, walk, dress, bathe and eat. Was one step at a time. Our Mothers and fathers were very good at teaching us what they knew.
But, most of them did not know what healthy eating was. Not really. Nothing like a dietician would know. So remember when starting out you want to set up small attainable goals. Even if you are having trouble anywhere in your weight loss journey, you may just want to take a step back and look at where you are actually at.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
1) Are you where you want to be?
2) Are you losing weight?
3) Are you really tracking everything that you eat?
4) Are you being completely honest with yourself?
5) Are you setting realistic goals?
6) Are you drinking your daily water?
7) Are you eating at least 2 fruits daily?
8) Are you eating at least 3 vegetables daily?
9) Are you getting at least 10+ minutes of exercise daily?
10) Are you getting any me time? This is the most important one.......
Drinking 8 cups of water.....every day is very important to stay hydrated.
• Eating at least 2 fruits and at least 3 vegetables every day will help keep you full longer and ensure that you are getting enough fiber
• Not eating in front of the TV....you do not want to be distracted, enjoy your meal and put down your fork or spoon between every bite, while sipping water. It takes at least 20 minutes to ensure the brain starts to signal the stomach that you are getting full.
• No soda or sweet drinks....you will want to cut out as much refined sugar as possible, lowering your risk of diabetes.
• Eat breakfast every morning: This is the most important meal of the day, you need at least 300 - 400 calories to start your day and get your metabolism reeved up for the day.
• No candy, cake, potato chips or other high carb junk food, instead try a piece of fresh fruit, granola, veggie slices or nuts. Sometimes even a glass of water can keep hunger at bay. Try it infused with slices of fruit or veggies.
And if you are stuck in a plateau, try mixing up your exercise routine. A strength training program, with some cardio and walking the pounds away may be just what the doctor ordered. Talk it out with a trainer, a dietician, your doctor or weight loss buddy may also be an answer too.
Just do what it takes for you..... what works for one, may not work for you.
I love all of you and want each one of you to be successful in your journies! KEEP ON SPARKIN'
225 days ago
What you Dare to Dream, Dare to Achieve and All things are Possible through Christ Jesus!
263 days ago
Just stopping by to wish you a great week!
801 days ago
"BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AWARD"
You are the recipient of the Beautiful Woman Award!!
Once you've been given this award, you have to paste it on the page of 8 women who deserve it. If you receive more than 3, you know you're really beautiful! If you break the chain, nothing will happen, but it's always good to know someone thinks you're beautiful inside and out!
Again, Congratulations Beautiful Woman!
Report Inappropriate Comment
1016 days ago
It's Monday a new day, new week, and a fresh start to a new beginning! I love new starts let's give it all we got!
1075 days ago