Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Almost two years after joining Spark, I'm a happier, healthier Jo. I spark less than I'd like to now but dip in occasionally because the community is amazing, has given me so much, and still gives so much every time.
My biggest lesson on Spark? Don't stop, because it's hard to start again. Start again, because it's hardest to have quit.
"Finish each day
And be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and
Absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.
2012 goals from mid-Feb:
Weight: 135lbs to 133lbs by April (taking it slow now):
- 5th March: 134lbs
- 18th March (Big birthday!): 133lbs
- 1st April (Fool's day!): begin maintenance?
Fitness - timing tbc once I've had more physio
- Running – tbc (build back up, finish C25K, do a 5K, 10K...!)
- Gym plan/strength goals - tbc
Career - by 5th March:
- Finish CV and update LinkedIn
- Apply for volunteering opportunities
- Go to see recruitment agency
- Sign up to job alerts
Other general goals:
- Work on my wardrobe
- Sort out travelling for the year
- Get back to photography
- Work on getting more dates
Early 2012 goals:
- Go from 163lbs to 150lbs by 04/30/2011. MET!
- Go from 153lbs to 140lbs by 09/02/2011 Reached 141.5lbs by 09/02/2011
- Go from 139 lbs to 133lbs by 14/02/2012 Reached 137lbs by 14/02/2012
2012 goals - up to 14/2/12:
- Running – make some progress towards running again. SEEING A PHYSIO
- Make a decision about future gym membership after first 3 months is up ON HOLD UNTIL AFTER PHYSIO, BUT CAN'T QUIT THE GYM NOW!
- Get to the point where maintenance can begin TBC
Other areas of my life:
- Travel – make a decision about my first trip for the year OFF TO MARRAKECH IN APRIL :-)
- Clothes – finish buying a new daily wardbrobe and get at least one ‘non-daily’ piece and some new jewellery IN PROGRESS
- Career – find out more about my new sector by networking, reading and generally getting involved. As part of this, I need to read a grammar book. IN PROGRESS, THOUGH GRAMMAR BOOK TOO BORING TO DO!
- Clear out my room and sell a few things on ebay. IN PROGRESS
Past goals - 2011
- Start running by 1st August. MET!
- Find a virtual running buddy. FOUND A REAL ONE!
- Complete the C25K training plan to be able to run 5K in 30 minutes (ON HOLD UNTIL HIP IS BETTER)
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week throughout November (and aim to burn min. 300 cals each time). MET!
Reward: fitness mag for going to the gym 3 times a week, new itune each time I burn more than 300 cals at a time.
Other areas of life:
- Move house my 1st July - MOVED (nearly made it on time!)
- Do motivation chart for strength training. DONE!
- Reward for still going on 17th June - day off work with a personal shopper, buying lots of new clothes that fit. DONE!
- As a 6 month reward, book a photography course for my holiday in September. DONE!
- Find a new career asap SEEING A CAREER COACH
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
|235 Maintenance Weeks
Ohh... Jo! Thank you for asking - you're not annoying at all with it, I'd prefer if you did ask! And keep asking for now, ha, because I didn't get to go this past weekend either. Everyone who could have came with had plans. Blah! Will I ever get to go?
I'm thinking I'll maybe have to build up some courage to go it alone, if people keep letting me down. My tummy ends up in knots thinking about it though... :/
Yay for jelly legs!! What did you do??
I did a leg workout class last week - using barbells! I was super chuffed as I've always wanted to use them! I was doing some barbell squats... 20kgs for now. Really good fun!!
Haha - It's got to be an age thing with the hangovers... I never used to get hangovers but now... yikes I suffer. And I've also become a lightweight! I really have to put the brakes on when I know I'm at my limit, ha.
How's work going? Are you keeping busy & looking cool in coffee shops? :)
941 days ago
Oh very nice! Did you paint the town red? It's nice to have the odd girly evening - I think. A nice little change. Not TOO often, though. ;)
Crossfit! Ah. Unfortunately, the person I was going with had to cancel. In all honesty, part of me was relieved - I was so nervous I didn't even want to go. I don't know why I'm so nervous.
Not giving up though - have rescheduled for this weekend. So, fingers crossed!
How's your week? Is it just me or is this year flying by really quickly?!
946 days ago
Awh. Is it sore from training it more and more? Yeah I hope it's a transition phase and your bum will slowly start to get used to it.
Yeah, I would think I would be worried about the money when there's no work but I guess we would all overlook the feeling that comes with not having the work to do!
The big day is Saturday! Eep! I am SO excited for it. I have a couple of people going with me so feeling quite confident at the moment. I am doing my usual tough morning workout though so hope I don't tire myself out too much beforehand.
Everything is good at the moment thank you. I really feel like I'm on the up. I feel like I have been crap and lazy so far this year... but finally feel like I am back on track and have the want to be back on track and looking after myself the right way.
Hope you're having a great week! What have your workouts been looking like?
954 days ago
Thank you for the Crossfit encouragement! :D I've been surprised by everyone with pretty much the same attitude as you hehe - "Do it do it do it!!" It's nice.
I have emailed them and I'm looking to try it at the next opportunity - so yay!
How's your bum doing? And how is work going for you?
959 days ago
Thank you for commenting on my blog. I appreciate the support.
973 days ago