Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Almost two years after joining Spark, I'm a happier, healthier Jo. I spark less than I'd like to now but dip in occasionally because the community is amazing, has given me so much, and still gives so much every time.
My biggest lesson on Spark? Don't stop, because it's hard to start again. Start again, because it's hardest to have quit.
"Finish each day
And be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and
Absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.
2012 goals from mid-Feb:
Weight: 135lbs to 133lbs by April (taking it slow now):
- 5th March: 134lbs
- 18th March (Big birthday!): 133lbs
- 1st April (Fool's day!): begin maintenance?
Fitness - timing tbc once I've had more physio
- Running – tbc (build back up, finish C25K, do a 5K, 10K...!)
- Gym plan/strength goals - tbc
Career - by 5th March:
- Finish CV and update LinkedIn
- Apply for volunteering opportunities
- Go to see recruitment agency
- Sign up to job alerts
Other general goals:
- Work on my wardrobe
- Sort out travelling for the year
- Get back to photography
- Work on getting more dates
Early 2012 goals:
- Go from 163lbs to 150lbs by 04/30/2011. MET!
- Go from 153lbs to 140lbs by 09/02/2011 Reached 141.5lbs by 09/02/2011
- Go from 139 lbs to 133lbs by 14/02/2012 Reached 137lbs by 14/02/2012
2012 goals - up to 14/2/12:
- Running – make some progress towards running again. SEEING A PHYSIO
- Make a decision about future gym membership after first 3 months is up ON HOLD UNTIL AFTER PHYSIO, BUT CAN'T QUIT THE GYM NOW!
- Get to the point where maintenance can begin TBC
Other areas of my life:
- Travel – make a decision about my first trip for the year OFF TO MARRAKECH IN APRIL :-)
- Clothes – finish buying a new daily wardbrobe and get at least one ‘non-daily’ piece and some new jewellery IN PROGRESS
- Career – find out more about my new sector by networking, reading and generally getting involved. As part of this, I need to read a grammar book. IN PROGRESS, THOUGH GRAMMAR BOOK TOO BORING TO DO!
- Clear out my room and sell a few things on ebay. IN PROGRESS
Past goals - 2011
- Start running by 1st August. MET!
- Find a virtual running buddy. FOUND A REAL ONE!
- Complete the C25K training plan to be able to run 5K in 30 minutes (ON HOLD UNTIL HIP IS BETTER)
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week throughout November (and aim to burn min. 300 cals each time). MET!
Reward: fitness mag for going to the gym 3 times a week, new itune each time I burn more than 300 cals at a time.
Other areas of life:
- Move house my 1st July - MOVED (nearly made it on time!)
- Do motivation chart for strength training. DONE!
- Reward for still going on 17th June - day off work with a personal shopper, buying lots of new clothes that fit. DONE!
- As a 6 month reward, book a photography course for my holiday in September. DONE!
- Find a new career asap SEEING A CAREER COACH
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
|253 Maintenance Weeks
I'm sorry I've been so crappy with replying! Argh!
How are you? Have you started the big move yet?
Hope things are going well for you. :)
818 days ago
Heyyy! Thank you! Haha, yep something I was planning for eventually but wasn't sure it would eeeeeever happen lol!
Argh you're going PAST me?! Aww and I got all excited with you saying much further north! Scotland! Is it all new to both of you as in just a city you have liked by visiting or do you have any ties to it? I went to Glasgow not so long ago - really liked the city, such gorgeous buildings around. If you like Glasgow, you'd like Liverpool - they similar in ways. :)
Wow touring while homeless actually sounds really cool haha! Put everything in storage except for a backpack of essentials hehe! Oooh are you not tempted to just tour the world?? Hehe! :)
I'm thinking I'll have to write somewhere... blog about my experiences and things, if not but for myself to read back over and have a giggle at. I've wanted to be more active on Spark, start tracking my food and things... I've always tracked exercise. Gosh I haven't blogged on my page for so long... I don't even know what to say or open with! lol. I'll try and get round to it.
Hope you are well. :) x
898 days ago
Thank you for the goodie! Was lovely to hear from you too! It's taken me so long to get back to you because I went on holiday just after you'd sent that to me, so was a bit up the wall to reply, heh!
Ooh new exciting things for you! And so fab that you and the boyfriend can lift weights together haha! I think that's my dream! My hubby is not interested at al boooo!
I've just come back from a little holiday in Turkey with some (inlaw) family. We had a villa and so I spent a lot of time relaxing, reading next to the pool. It was much needed, as work had been really stressful just before I went!
A long way from London sounds VERY exciting... A long way north by any chance??? Hehe that would be nice!!
I'm doing great... I do have some crazy news... but haven't said much online anywhere yet but... well erm, a little surprise to tell you, which was a huge surprise to us also, we're having a baby! Ha! How crazy is that then? I'm still getting used to the idea, lol. I'm 9 weeks and due around April so... yeah! :) I want to keep training and everything but have already scaled back a bit since before my holiday as I was just so sluggish and tired. I'm getting stuck back in again now though, to try and train close to what I usually would anyway, just no heavier weights or beating my times or anything...
So erm, yes, bit of a bombshell there! Hope your September is off to a great start! And get looking when you can get yourself a holiday in, hehe!
903 days ago
Stopping by to wish you a happy wonderful day!!!
1001 days ago
Aaaahhh I'm so sorry for how long it's taken me to get back to you! Eep! Things have been a tad... busy over these ways, lol. There seems to have been something going on every weekend to stop me going to Crossfit, bah! The good news is - it's not on purpose. And the better news is, it's still on my mind and I'm still planning to get to a session! LOL. So I shall keep you informed - fingers crossed(fit) for this weekend!
How's things going? You've been quiet too! No new blogs? :)
Hope work and health and fitness are going swimmingly for you.... come tell me how you're getting on.
1036 days ago