Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Almost two years after joining Spark, I'm a happier, healthier Jo. I spark less than I'd like to now but dip in occasionally because the community is amazing, has given me so much, and still gives so much every time.
My biggest lesson on Spark? Don't stop, because it's hard to start again. Start again, because it's hardest to have quit.
"Finish each day
And be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and
Absurdities have crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.
2012 goals from mid-Feb:
Weight: 135lbs to 133lbs by April (taking it slow now):
- 5th March: 134lbs
- 18th March (Big birthday!): 133lbs
- 1st April (Fool's day!): begin maintenance?
Fitness - timing tbc once I've had more physio
- Running – tbc (build back up, finish C25K, do a 5K, 10K...!)
- Gym plan/strength goals - tbc
Career - by 5th March:
- Finish CV and update LinkedIn
- Apply for volunteering opportunities
- Go to see recruitment agency
- Sign up to job alerts
Other general goals:
- Work on my wardrobe
- Sort out travelling for the year
- Get back to photography
- Work on getting more dates
Early 2012 goals:
- Go from 163lbs to 150lbs by 04/30/2011. MET!
- Go from 153lbs to 140lbs by 09/02/2011 Reached 141.5lbs by 09/02/2011
- Go from 139 lbs to 133lbs by 14/02/2012 Reached 137lbs by 14/02/2012
2012 goals - up to 14/2/12:
- Running – make some progress towards running again. SEEING A PHYSIO
- Make a decision about future gym membership after first 3 months is up ON HOLD UNTIL AFTER PHYSIO, BUT CAN'T QUIT THE GYM NOW!
- Get to the point where maintenance can begin TBC
Other areas of my life:
- Travel – make a decision about my first trip for the year OFF TO MARRAKECH IN APRIL :-)
- Clothes – finish buying a new daily wardbrobe and get at least one ‘non-daily’ piece and some new jewellery IN PROGRESS
- Career – find out more about my new sector by networking, reading and generally getting involved. As part of this, I need to read a grammar book. IN PROGRESS, THOUGH GRAMMAR BOOK TOO BORING TO DO!
- Clear out my room and sell a few things on ebay. IN PROGRESS
Past goals - 2011
- Start running by 1st August. MET!
- Find a virtual running buddy. FOUND A REAL ONE!
- Complete the C25K training plan to be able to run 5K in 30 minutes (ON HOLD UNTIL HIP IS BETTER)
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week throughout November (and aim to burn min. 300 cals each time). MET!
Reward: fitness mag for going to the gym 3 times a week, new itune each time I burn more than 300 cals at a time.
Other areas of life:
- Move house my 1st July - MOVED (nearly made it on time!)
- Do motivation chart for strength training. DONE!
- Reward for still going on 17th June - day off work with a personal shopper, buying lots of new clothes that fit. DONE!
- As a 6 month reward, book a photography course for my holiday in September. DONE!
- Find a new career asap SEEING A CAREER COACH
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
|253 Maintenance Weeks
to...DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING TEAM
You will LOVE THIS TEAM! It's amazingly positive and supportive. The members here are always willing to lend a hand, an ear, or a shoulder. They have done it for me and they will do the same for you!! We are here to support and encourage you on your journey to success. All the best to you on reaching your goals.
It's great to have you on board. Come and join us on the Forums for some fun and challenges.
641 days ago
stopping by to wish you a happy day!!!
hope all is well with you!!!
Sending you lots of hugs my friend :)
644 days ago
Ha, the thing with blogging is you think you don't have time... but then when you finally do, it takes a quick little 10 minutes to just jot down the essentials and you wondered why on earth you made it wait for so long. Or that's how it works for me, heh!
Hope things are going well for you! :)
745 days ago
I was in Egypt until 5th January hehe... a wonderful break but once again, back to work and non-stop before you can even remember you had a break, lol! But oh well... keeps me going I guess. :P
Are you in Glasgow yet??
You should blog! :)
757 days ago
Everything's going swimmingly - thank you! I just passed the 6 month mark... which is far too crazy to comprehend hahaha. Mostly crossfitting now - which is my saviour of my humanity, keeping me sane.
Ooh a little trip to Spain, nice! Where did you go? Are you settling at your parents until after xmas has blown over now?
Ah well, sometimes we just need to do nothing for a good while... you can get back into it all when you are good and ready. How is work going for you?
We get away next weekend for the xmas time with family - going to Egypt for some warmth hehe. Can't wait for the break from work! :)
802 days ago