Shared Food & Fitness Trackers
Do you ever spend a lot of time wishing you could be different than what you are? Smaller, smarter, funnier, braver? That's been my life for a long time, but no more. I want to defined by the quality of my character not the size of my body.
I always thought that if I could just get the weight off then my life could begin, then I could have, be and do all I've ever wanted. Well that's just not so anymore, it's time for me to live out my best life, putting my best foot forward no matter what my weight.
I will continue to exercise because I love what it does for my emotional well-being, social life, community building and shared fitness goals with others.
I will continue to pursue my goal of learning how to live in my body and respond to its needs with whole, quality food. To not eat from a place of stress, boredom, anxiety, pressure-release and numbing tendencies. The reality for me is I did not get this way by listening and honouring my body, but by exactly the opposite; ignoring my body and treating myself like garbage.
I believe balance, moderation, consistency and persistance will help me reach my goals over all else.
So this journey I am on is my dedication to all women and men who have decided to live their lives based on all the qualities that make us unique and special and have nothing to do with the size of our bodies.
1.To run all year, winter, spring, summer and fall.
2. To honestly eat with awareness and not eat when I'm not hungry.
3. To incorporate a consistent strength training program.
1. To practice consistent mindfullenss with my eating. No eating with distraction; TV, reading, computer or in the car. I will sit down at a table to eat all my meals
2. To follow a consistent, well planned running program supplemented with exciting strength training programs like boot camp.
3. Menu plan and create wholesome meals with healthy, nutritious foods. Limit processed and commercially made food most of the time.
My name is Jerry and I'm not a boy! I have a great husband and two little girls. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
I love reading, I have ran lots of 5K, 10K, 15 half marathons plus one full marathon. I have taught 5K, 10K and half marathon Running Clinics with the Running Room. I work as a fitness professional at two large sport centers. I love the Health at Every Size model and mindful eating practices.
| Body Fat %: 37.0