Granddaughter's wedding in Hawaii, January 2013. DIL and Son on right.
Visit to the alpaca farm...we were all enchanted with these lovely creatures!
Isaac, 10, and Ian, 7, taken Easter 2013
IOWAGRAMMA is a SparkPeople Motivator!
I'm 70+ and live in the Midwest most of the year, but often head to south Texas or Arizona for some of the cold winter months. We have 3 living children, 2 DGSs, ages 13 and 10, and a grown DGD who is mommy to our great-grandchildren, a girl and a boy!! Being overweight has been a problem for me since my last pregnancy over 40 years ago! I've probably lost 750 pounds in my life, only to put it all back on time and time again. I also have osteoarthritis and hauling all this weight around is not good for that. So, in the interest of preserving my replaced hips, enjoying life, and above all, being healthier, I'm working on improving my general health and becoming more active--would love to keep up with the grandsons for a very long time! SparkPeople is giving me that chance!
My overall goals are simple. I want to lead a healthier lifestyle that helps me to have the energy and enthusiasm to be active and happy. In order to do this, I will take off the excess pounds by eating healthier and exercising.
My program is also simple:
1. I will eat within my daily calorie range and abstain from evening eating and snacking.
2. I will eat at least 5-7 freggies each day.
3. I will eat 3+ protein servings daily, including at least two dairy.
4. The remainder of my calories will come in the form of carbs.
5. I will include strength and stretching exercises in my daily routine.
6. I will participate in the Silver Sneakers and water exercise programs at the Y 3-5 times each week.
7. I will continue to exercise a minimum of 10 min/day on days with no scheduled activities.
8. I will weigh in weekly and actively participate in the 5% Fall Challenge, as well as my team activities.
I love to read, do genealogy, spend as much time as possible with our grandsons and new great-granddaughter. We just moved to a condo last spring, so we're adjusting to having no outdoor responsibilities. We've rented a city garden spot for this year and we're looking forward to having plenty of fresh veggies!
Secrets of Success
This user doesn't have any secrets of success.
| current weight: 251.0